Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in United Nations University, Malaysia
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
UN University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia invites application for Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme from eligible and interested candidates
About- For the past four decades, UNU has been a go-to think tank for impartial research on the pressing global problems of human survival, conflict prevention, development, and welfare. With more than 400 researchers in 13 countries, UNU’s work spans the full breadth of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, generating policy-relevant knowledge to effect positive global change. UNU maintains more than 200 collaborations with UN agencies and leading universities and research institutions across the globe.
Research/Job Area- Public health or a related discipline
Location- UN University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Required qualifications and experience include:
- applicants must be within 5 years of completion of a PhD in public health or a related discipline
- professional experience in public health research, policy, or programming
- experience in research design
- excellent communication skills in English
- excellent time management skills
Other desired skills include:
- an analytical approach to defining policy relevant research questions
- experience with broad-based and cross-disciplinary knowledge acquisition
- demonstrated ability in conducting data analysis and interpretation
- proven experience with quantitative and/or qualitative research techniques
- familiarity with searching and evaluating scientific literature is desirable
- experience in writing manuscripts, white papers, and progress reports i
- familiarity with gender-responsive research and programming
Postdoctoral Fellows at UNU-IIGH are within 5 years of graduation with a PhD or Professional Doctorate. The Postdoctoral Fellowship provides the opportunity to expand their career beyond the academic research environment to engage with policy application, translation, and dissemination. UNU-IIGH offers an excellent multicultural environment for interaction with scholars from different countries and diverse academic backgrounds.
To that end, group is looking for post-doctoral researchers who will work with UNU-IIGH research fellows, UN partners, and relevant stakeholders to advance our agenda. The Fellowship is open to candidates who demonstrate that they can contribute to the ongoing research, policy translation, and capacity building projects in the Institute.
Fellows will (i) work on projects assigned by the host research fellow, and (ii) participate in other academic activities of the institute, including regular in-house discussions and seminars.
Remuneration – Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience according to suitability of candidates.
Duration of contract – This is full-time employment. The period of initial contract will be for 12 months, which may be extended for an additional 12-month period.
Starting date– As soon as possible.
How to Apply- Applicants review the information on how to apply for jobs with the UN to assist with the submission of a competitive application.
nterested applicants should submit their applications online using [email protected] and must upload the following:
- a completed and signed UNU Personal History (P-11) form
- a cover letter outlining your interests and motivation to work at UNU-IIGH
- an abstract from your current PhD research/dissertation
- a recent publication sample (in English)
- two letters of recommendation to support your application, one from one of your PhD supervisors
- scanned copy of your passport details page
- please quote the reference number (2020/UNU/IIGH/PSA/PFP/02) and state “UNU-IIGH Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020” in the section ‘What post are you applying for?’
Please state “Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020” with your name in the subject of the email. For non-Malaysian citizens or residents, assistance with visa formalities will be provided by UNU-IIGH. Note that only completed applications received by the deadline will be considered. We will acknowledge receipt of your application via email.
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– Open Position