ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships – 2020 in Switzerland
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellowships – 2020 in Switzerland
ETH Zurich, Switzerland invites application for
Postdoctoral Fellowships – 2020 in Switzerland from eligible and interested candidates
About- The ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowship Program supports incoming postdoctoral researchers at ETH Zurich. The program is intended to foster young researchers who have already demonstrated scientific excellence in the early stages of their careers. Postdoctoral Fellowships – 2020 in Switzerland
Research/Job Area- Offered by university
Location- ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- At the time of the submission deadline, applicants must hold a doctorate (PhD) or will complete their doctorate within the next six months.
- Applicants with the doctorate (PhD) must have obtained the same a maximum of two years prior to the submission deadline.
- The date of the examination or viva voce shall be the decisive date.
- Applicants who earned their PhD from ETH Zurich or the University of Zurich will not be considered.
- Applicants who have not yet completed their doctorate must submit a certification of the planned date of their defense signed by the advisor or department chair.
- The examination or viva voce must have been completed by the time the fellowship is started.
- Researchers must also not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) at either ETH Zurich or the University of Zurich for more than six months prior to the submission deadline.
- Applicants need to have at least one scientific publication in a peer-reviewed journal or have been awarded a prize for their doctoral thesis.
- Applications not complying with the eligibility criteria will be rejected on formal grounds.
Job/Position Description- Applications have to be made jointly by the candidate and the potential host, who must be an ETH Zurich professor and willing to act as the mentor of the fellow. There must be convincing synergies between the host (group) and the ETH fellow. The fellowships are intended as early support towards academic independence, hence priority will be given to applicants who propose their own projects. Thus, it is important that applicants come up with their own ideas, draft the application themselves, and that the applicant and mentor have not collaborated closely prior to the fellowship.
The duration of an ETH Fellowship is two years and cannot be prolonged. The fellowship is quite competitive, with only a limited number of fellowships available each year.
How to Apply- Applications should be submitted electronically using the dedicated online system.
For the login you need an ETH (nethz) user name and password. If you are not yet employee, the electronic submission must be handled by an employee of the host professorship. Further Information on the submission procedure is provided in the detailed submission instructions (PDF, 414 KB) and on the ETH Fellows Help Page.
For Contact- For further information on the ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowship program please contact [email protected].
Last Date for Apply– 1 March 2020
Interview dates – 12 May, 13 May, 14 May, 2020