Postdoctoral Fellowships at the Max Planck Harvard Research Center
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellowships at the Max Planck
Max Planck Harvard Research Center for Quantum Optics (MPHQ), Germany invites application for Postdoctoral Fellowships at the Max Planck from eligible and interested candidates
About- In order to support international early career researchers in the advancement of their career and to foster the scientific collaboration between MPQ and Harvard, each year the Max Planck Harvard Research Center is offering a number of Post-Doc fellowships to outstanding female and male scientists. Postdoctoral Fellowships at the Max Planck
Research/Job Area- Quantum Optics
Location- Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics (MPQ) and the Harvard University Department of Physics
More opportunity – The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programmes
Eligibility/Qualification– The Postoctoral Fellowships are to offer young scientists the unique opportunity to take advantage of the worldclass research environment present at both institutes by enabling them to carry out research at one of the most vibrant research centers in the field of quantum optics.
Applicants should have completed their PhD no more than three years before starting the fellowship.
- The HarvardMPQ Quantum Initiative is offering six competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in Quantum Science each year.
- Fellowships are awarded for the duration of two years to outstanding young scientists.
- Hereby, fellowships are to enable young scientists to carry out research projects under the joint supervision of PIs from MPQ and Harvard.
- Successful candidates will be either based at Harvard or MPQ, whilst being able to pursue their research in collaboration with the faculty and infrastructure at both institutions.
- Fellows will be offered the opportunity to travel between both institutions on a regular basis, while profiting from the excellent colloquia series and scientific retreats taking place in the framework of the cooperation.
- In addition to that, fellows will be able to participate in the institution’s early career training programmes and will receive substantial career counseling from the PI network.
- Research projects are to further enhance research collaborations between Harvard and MPQ by mutually creating the building blocks for prospective scientific cooperations between young scientists.
- The starting date of the fellowships is flexible and should be within one year after application.
How to Apply- To apply, please submit a curriculum vitae, transcripts, a list of publications, a brief description of your research interests (1000 characters max.) and a description of your scientific goals for the fellowship (5000 characters max.).
Applicants are also asked to arrange for at least two letters of reference.
Applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships based at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics have to be submitted at https://lotus2.gwdg.de/mpg/mgqo/mpqharvard_2019.nsf/application
To apply at the Harvard University Department of Physics please visit https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/Harvard
Last Date for Apply– 15 November 2019