Postdoctoral Position 2019 in Belgium, University of Antwerp
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Position 2019 in Belgium
University of Antwerp, Belgium invites application for Postdoctoral Position 2019 in Belgium from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy, supported by European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, for aPostdoctoral position in Electrochemistry Group: AXES.Postdoctoral Position 2019 in Belgium, University of Antwerp
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, forensic science, physics, bioscience or applied engineering
Project Title- BorderSens – Border detection of illicit drugs and precursors by highly accurate electrosensors.
Location- University of Antwerp, Belgium
- You hold a PhD degree in chemistry, forensic science, physics, bioscience or applied engineering.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- You are independent and self-motivated.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Background knowledge and demonstrated experience in electrochemistry is essential.
- Experience in project management is an advantage.
- Knowledge in spectroscopy (Raman, FTIR) is appreciated.
- In view of the international context, mastering of the English language (both oral and written) is mandatory.
- In the view of a multidisciplinary, international team, good team skills, communication skills and the ability to travel are required.
Supervisor: Professor Karolien De Wael; E-mail [email protected]
- a postdoctoral fellowship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of the scholarship is September 1, 2019 the latest;
- a dynamic and international working environment.
Job/Position Description- BorderSens aims at developing electrochemical sensing devices for simultaneous detection of illicit drugs and precursors, in order to overcome the challenges posed by currently used on-site methods used by customs and police authorities. The system will combine research on electrochemical fingerprints of illicit drugs and precursors, together with strategies to unravel and enrich the fingerprint, and data capture and analysis. Our partners include three other universities and ten forensic institutes, border control and police authorities from 7 EU countries. University of Antwerp is the coordinator of BorderSens.
- You will be expected to take part in the management of the project, drive and conclude your work independently and write well-formulated reports and articles.
- You support the supervisor with the project management and coordination.
- You co-supervise PhD students.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You present your work at national and international workshops and conferences.
How to Apply-
- Please send a detailed CV together with a motivation letter, the pdf of your PhD thesis and two reference letters by email before April 30, 2019 to [email protected] with clear subject indication ‘Postdoc vacancy – BorderSens”.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place in May 2019.
For Contact- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. dr. Karolien De Wael, 0032/3/265.33.35, [email protected].
Last Date for Apply– 30 April 2019