Postdoctoral position – 2019 in Germany, University of Freiburg
University of Freiburg invites application for Postdoctoral position – 2019 in Germany from eligible and interested candidates
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral position – 2019 in Germany
About- University of Freiburg is one of the most renowned and strongest research universities in Germany, with a history spanning more than 500 years. You’ll engage in top-notch research and teaching with a unique spectrum of disciplines, perspectives, and people – right in the heart of one of Germany’s most beautiful cities. Postdoctoral position – 2019 in Germany
The University of Freiburg’s human resources policy is oriented toward the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. The university is committed to the goal of creating a family-friendly university.
Research/Job Area- Chemistry or material science
Location- University of Freiburg, Germany
Applicants should have a doctoral degree in chemistry or material science and a strong publication track-record.
Expertise in thin film synthesis and characterization, photovoltaic materials and/or battery materials and (photo)electrochemistry is required.
Furthermore, eagerness to work in an interdisciplinary and international team is mandatory as well as good self-organization and the ability to work independently. We expect fluency in English.
Job/Position Description- The postdoctoral candidate will be part of this team and focus on the synthesis and characterization of nanostructured/porous inorganic and organic thin film photo-electrodes and investigate their aptitude for light-induced charge storing by using several (photo)electrochemical techniques.
The development of highly integrated photo-charging devices is a growing research topic. While one can couple a solar cell with a battery in a modular fashion, new research directions tackle the development of integrated materials systems where light-induced charge generation and storage take place in one material.
The project SolStore will perform basic research on such materials systems in an interdisciplinary team to address the following questions:
- What type of materials can combine both light harvesting and charge storage?
- What type of different charge-storing mechanisms can come into play?
- How can the photo-electrochemical properties of such materials / materials systems be characterized best?
- What is the best way to assemble a photo-charging battery?
- How should a photo-charging battery device be designed and optimized?
These questions will be addressed in a multidisciplinary team of scientists working on modeling of materials properties, synthesis and characterization of new materials as well as device design, fabrication and simulation.
How to Apply- Please send in a complete and convincing application the above-mentioned supporting documents including the reference number 00000331, by date 25.02.2019 at the latest.
Please send your application to the following address in written or electronic form:
Dr. Monika Schulz
Freiburger Zentrum für interaktive Werkstoffe und bioinspirierte Technologien (FIT)
- Letter of intent detailing why you are interested in this specific project and how your previous research qualifies you for the project (up to 1,500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae with list of publications (if applicable)
- Certified copies of your university degree(s) with grades (Bachelor and Master certificate / Diploma certificate and transcript / doctoral certificate)
- Short summary of your doctoral thesis (up to 1,000 words)
- Work sample (chapter from recent thesis or journal article, up to 5,000 words)
- Suggestion of two referees with contact details
Your documents will not be returned after the application process. For this reason, please submit copies only.
For Contact- For further information, please contact Frau Prof. Dr. Anna Fischer on the phone number +49 761 203-8717 or E-Mail [email protected].
Last Date for Apply– 25 February 2019