Postdoctoral Position 2019 in Norway, Norwegian University (NTNU)
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Position 2019 in Norway
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway invites application for Assistant Professor (on Regular/Contract) Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Norwegian Open AI Lab currently has a vacancy for a postdoctoral position (postdoc), with location NTNU’s Trondheim campus. The postdoc will mainly perform research on next-generation artificial intelligence and machine learning methods, taking advantage of recent advances in machine learning, stochastic optimization, probabilistic graphical models, and deep learning. The research results are expected to be applicable in several domains, including Internet of things (IoT), telecommunication, geoscience, natural language understanding, human computer interaction, etc. Postdoctoral Position 2019 in Norway
Research/Job Area- Artificial intelligence, computer science, machine learning, optimization, or statistics
Location- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
The candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Strong background in one or more of the following disciplines: artificial intelligence, computer science, machine learning, optimization, or statistics
- Strong applied mathematical skills – in one or more of these disciplines: discrete mathematics, mathematical modelling, optimization theory, probability, statistics, or theoretical computer science
- Excellent programming skills – in one or more of: C++, Java, Julia, Lisp, Python, or Scala
- Demonstrated research capability via a good publications record
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
The following qualifications will be considered as an advantage:
- Hands-on expertise with incremental machine learning from massive IoT data sources
- Experience with participation in collaborative research projects (e.g., EU, national)
- Excellent written and oral Scandinavian language skills
In extraordinary circumstances, formal documentation of language skills can be relinquished. In such cases, the candidate’s language skills will be assessed in a personal interview.
Potentially successful candidates may be interviewed in person, via Skype (or similar), or via other means.
The position requires strong English oral and writing skills as the candidate will be interacting with international researchers. The job will include writing, publishing, and presenting of articles and papers in premier English-language publication venues.
If the applicant’s PhD is not from an English-speaking country, the following tests can be used as documentation: TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge.
Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). Minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test)
- IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted)
- CAE/CPE: grade B or A
A postdoctoral research fellowships is a qualification position in which the main objective is qualification for work in academic positions. Completion of a Norwegian doctoral degree in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or equvivalent is required, or corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognized as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree is required. PhD students in their last year are invited to apply; employment will then be postponed until the PhD degree is finished.
Postdoctoral candidates are remunerated in code 1352, and are normally remunerated at gross from NOK 515 200 before tax per year. From the salary, 2 % is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The period of employment is 2 years without required duties.
How to Apply-
- One-page cover letter including an explanation of how the candidate’s research interests and background would fit the position
- Information about education and relevant experience (academic CV)
- Copies of academic diplomas, transcripts, and certificates
- Applicants from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to include a document describing in detail the study and grading system and the rights for further studies associated with the candidate’s obtained degree
- A short essay (up to 2000 words) describing his/her view of the main research challenges in the area of research discussed under “Job description” above
- The PhD thesis and other publications (a maximum of 5 publications) relevant to the research scope and any other work which the applicant wishes to be taken into account should clearly indicate the applicant’s contribution
- Names and contact information of at least three references
Publications and other academic works that the applicant would like to be considered in the evaluation must accompany the application. Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify the individual applicant’s contribution to joint works, the applicant must include a brief description of his or her contribution.
Please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas and certificates. Applicants invited for interview must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters. Please refer to the application number 2019/12366 when applying.
Last Date for Apply– 19 June 2019