Postdoctoral Position 2019 in Sweden, Chalmers University of Technology
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Position 2019 in Sweden
Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden invites application for Postdoctoral Position 2019 in Sweden from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering has about 290 employees encompassing a broad theoretical knowledge base, from engineering science to the social sciences to the humanities, as well as design-based, artistic research. The combination of all of these perspectives allows for great interdisciplinary advancement in the field and a broader discussion of various aspects of sustainability. Together, we provide a comprehensive environment for architecture and civil engineering, well equipped to take on the common challenges of building a sustainable future. Postdoctoral Position 2019 in Sweden
Research/Job Area- Mechanical or civil engineering, applied physics or other field
Project Title- Thermal Energy Storage for Building Applications
Location- Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
– A PhD in mechanical or civil engineering, applied physics or other field relevant to the description of the project, the degree should generally not be older than three years.
– Background in at least one of the following research areas will be preferred: laboratory testing, knowledge in DSC and other basic material characterization techniques, modelling of energy use in buildings.
– Ability to report results in scientific journals, initiate new research collaborations and work in a team are important.
– Proofs of good communication and in particular writing skills are mandatory., as well as good command of English.
Job/Position Description- This project complements the on-going research by focusing on the performance control of PCM-TES under real operating conditions. One of the problems with the currently available PCMs is the so-called supercooling, which delays the process of extracting heat of the system. The knowledge and methods that will be generated in this project will allow on-site performance control monitoring tools of PCM-TES, which are lacking today, and thereby improving PCM technology products and services.
Full-time temporary employment.
The position is limited to a maximum of two years (1+1). The overall performance of the candidate will be evaluated after the first year.
A satisfactory performance is a condition for the extension of the position to the second year.
How to Apply- The application should be marked with Ref 20180272 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and be attached as pdf-files, as below:
CV:(Please name the document as: CV, Surname, Ref. number) including:
• CV, include complete list of publications
• Previous teaching and pedagogical experiences
• Two references that we can contact.
Personal letter:(Please name the document as: Personal letter, Family name, Ref. number) including:
• 1-3 pages where you introduce yourself and present your qualifications.
• Previous research fields and main research results.
• Future goals and research focus. Are there any specific projects and research issues you are primarily interested in?
• Attested copies of completed education, grades and other certificates.
Please use the button at the foot of the page to reach the application form. The files may be compressed (zipped).
Last Date for Apply– 9 June, 2019