Postdoctoral Position in Czech Republic, Masaryk University
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Position in Czech Republic
Masaryk University invites application for Postdoctoral Position in Czech Republic from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Research Centre for Toxic Compounds in the Environment (RECETOX), www.recetox.muni.czfocuses on interactions among chemicals, environment, and biological systems. Expertise of the centre allows for the investigation of interdisciplinary links between the contamination and health, biodiversity, but also investigations of biologically important chemical processes. RECETOX research infrastructure includes international sampling networks, epidemiological studies, accredited trace laboratories as well as environmental information systems, as well as advanced time-resolved laser flash instrumentation and relevant expertise.
Research/Job Area- Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Health Sciences, Ecotoxicology or Biochemistry
Location- Masaryk University, Czech Republic
- be a researcher within 7 years after receiving the Ph.D. degree or its equivalent
- be a researcher, who worked at least 2 whole over the course of last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with working time of at least 0.5, or was a Ph.D. student (or similar form) abroad
- have a publication activity – in the last 3 years, at least 2 publication outputs registered in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time, publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors stated in the article).
- have experience in the field of Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Health Sciences, Ecotoxicology or Biochemistry
– advantageous experience (any of the following): biomarkers analyses, liquid/gas chromatography and mass spectrometry methods, omics technologies, predictive modelling (QSAR, mixtures models)
- OR have experience in the area of physical chemistry, preferentially in physical organic chemistry and spectroscopy
– experimental skills and experience in optical spectroscopy
- have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in excellent research
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- professional team and pleasant working environment
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalized environment
- welcome service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: March 1, 2019.
How to Apply-
Please submit your application (or informal enquiries can be sent) by e-mail to [email protected]
Review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview within one months of the deadline.
The application should include:
- CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- Cover Letter
- contact information of at least three references
Last Date for Apply– 31 January 2019