Designation/Position- Postdoctoral position
Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research, Netherlands offers Postdoctoral position in CO2 electrolysis using high-temperature solid oxide electrolyte cells topic. Research group is seeking enthusiastic candidates that are willing to work in an international and interdisciplinary team of physicists and chemists.
About- DIFFER is the Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research, one of the nine research institutes of the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) in Eindhoven. The Institute focuses on a multidisciplinary approach to energy research, combining physics, chemistry, engineering and materials science. DIFFER’s research takes place in two main themes: Solar Fuels for the conversion and storage of renewable energy and Fusion Energy as a clean and unlimited source of energy. DIFFER develops and supports a national network on fundamental energy research and collaborates closely with the academic community and industrial partners.
Research/Job area– Physical chemistry or solid state electrochemistry or material synthesis
Project Title– CO2 electrolysis using high-temperature solid oxide electrolyte cells
Location- Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research, Netherlands
Eligibility/Qualification- Research group seek enthusiastic candidates that are willing to work in an international and interdisciplinary team of physicists and chemists.
- The candidate should have a PhD in physical chemistry or solid state electrochemistry or material synthesis and has preferably post-doc experience.
- Knowledge in at least two of the following fields is required: solid state electrochemistry, gas analysis and experience in reactor design and materials synthesis.
- Some background in vacuum or plasma technology will also be highly appreciated. The successful candidate should have a strong commitment to interdisciplinary research.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English) are mandatory.
- NWO-I prefers candidates who have qualifying experience (e.g. as PhD student or postdoctoral researcher) in a scientific research institute abroad.
Job/Position Description- In the framework of the H2020 project ‘Kerogreen’ a postdoctoral position is available. In this project, DIFFER, KIT, VITO, CerPoTech, HyGear and INERATEC have combined efforts for enhancing conversion and energy-efficiency of renewable electrically-driven dissociation of CO2 for fuel synthesis.
Responsibilities and tasks- The research tasks are highly interdisciplinary and will perfectly line up with emerging research lines and granted projects at DIFFER.
- Development, characterization and evaluation of cathode electrodes.
- Fabrication of plane and tubular geometry SOECs.
- Integration of the electrochemical reactor with a plasma source.
- Prepare scientific papers and conference communications.
- Supervision of bachelor and master students.
- Contribute to the scientific and collaborative research environment at DIFFER.
You will be employed by NWO-I for a fixed period of two years. Your salary will be up to a maximum of 4,089 euro gross per month, depending on your level of experience.
The salary is supplemented with a holiday allowance of 8 percent and an end-of-year bonus of 8.33 percent. The conditions of employment of NWO-I are laid down in the Collective Labour Agreement for Research Centres (Cao-Onderzoekinstellingen), more exclusive information is available at this website under Personeelsinformatie (in Dutch) or under Personnel (in English).
How to Apply- In case you are interested you can apply by submitting an application letter, a grade list and full resume. Please refer to vacancy 18.003. The letter of application and other documents may be sent electronically as single PDF-files, to [email protected].
Further Contact- The ‘NWO job interview code’ applies to this position. DIFFER strives to achieve a diverse workforce to develop talent and creativity by bringing together different perspectives. As such we encourages applications from women and minorities. Further information on the vacancy is available through the leader of the Catalytic and electrochemical processes for energy applications group, Dr M. Tsampas, Tel: +31 (0) 40 3334 820, e-mail: [email protected]