Postdoctoral Position in Tata Institute for Genetics and Society, Bangalore
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Position in Tata Institute
Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI), Bangalore, India invites application for Postdoctoral Position in Tata Institute from eligible and interested candidates
About- Research at inStem addresses complex problems in areas of cell-differentiation and tissue regeneration using human pluripotent cells, examines clinical manifestations of diseases that can potentially be treated by stem cells, models human diseases using stem cells, uses model organisms to address fundamental questions in regenerative biology, develops platforms to interrogate signaling pathways with new chemical entities, and finally, develops tools that will help to better understand the biology driving stem cells and eventually treat disease states.
Research/Job Area- Cell culture, molecular and cell biology
Location- Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI) at inStem, Bangalore, India
Job Title: (PDF-03) Postdoctoral position in Vector Biology group at Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI) at inStem, Bangalore.
Eligibility/Qualification– The candidate must hold Ph.D. with at least 2 years of experience working in BSL3 facility.
- Ph. D. with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a high containment facility with pathogens (Biosafety Level 3 facility).
- Experience working with cell culture, molecular and cell biology.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and be able to work independently.
- In-depth knowledge and handling of arboviruses.
- Experience with mosquitoes and mosquito cell lines.
- Gene editing using CRISPR/Cas system.
- Experience training scientific researchers to work safely in high containment facility.
The position is initially for 1-year and renewable based on performance.
- Carry out a broad range of techniques such as cell culture, isolation of primary cells, molecular and cell biology, in vivo and ex vivo infection studies.
- Maintenance of insect and mammalian cells, culturing arboviruses, performing high throughput CRISPR screens, Isolation and characterization of arboviruses from mosquito.
- Perform large scale experiments, including in vivo infections in mosquitoes and cell lines and subsequent procedures such as harvesting infected tissues for downstream assays.
- Responsibilities will include maintenance of BSL3 laboratories with operations in compliance with policies and procedures. Provide training to new researchers and supervision to work safely in the BSL3 laboratory.
- Organize and maintain BSL3 inventories; routine stock keeping of inventory levels and estimate necessary consumable supplies to maintain smooth uninterrupted BSL3 operations.
- Organize and facilitate scheduled maintenance of BSL3 equipment and facilities.
- Coordinate with regulatory offices and create BSL3 SOPs.
How to Apply- Job opening PDF-03: (all applicants must list this number in their application to be considered)
For consideration of your application for the job opening please provide the following documents-(a) A one-page statement of purpose explaining the salient aspects of your background that are relevant to the position; (b) your curriculum vitae with a list of peer-reviewed publications, and names and contact details for at least 3 references; Send the materials, with a clear reference to the job number listed above, to the following email address: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 22 January 2020