Postdoctoral Position in Zoology, Stockholm, Sweden
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Position in Zoology
Swedish Museum of Natural History, Stockholm, Sweden invites application for Postdoctoral Position in Zoology from eligible and interested candidates
About- A two-year postdoctoral position is available in the Department of Zoology, Swedish Museum of Natural History, Stockholm. The position is supervised by Prof. Ulf Jondelius, as a part of the project “Evolution of Xenacoelomorpha, an ancient animal group ” funded by the Swedish Reseach Council. The goal of this project is to perform an analysis of phylogeny, evolutionary rates and gene content of the marine animal group Xenacoelomorpha using transcriptomic and genomic data.
Research/Job Area- Zoology
Location- Swedish Museum of Natural History, Stockholm, Sweden
- Postdoctoral positions are appointed primarily for purposes of research.
- Applicants are expected to hold a Swedish doctoral degree or an equivalent degree from another country.
- The degree should have been completed no more than three years before the deadline for applications.
- In the appointment process, special attention will be given to research skills.
- Research group is looking for candidates with primarily dry-lab skills in the fields of genomics, transcriptomics and phylogenomics including experience with managing, processing and analysing next-generation sequencing data. Specific experience with metazoan evolution and microscopic invertebrates constitutes an advantage, but is not strictly necessary.
- The candidate must be highly motivated, creatively thinking with a collaborative attitude, have strong writing skills and a record of high-quality scientific publications.
- Excellent English language skills both written and spoken, are a requisite.
The successful candidate will manage and analyse transcriptome and genome sequencing data, perform phylogenomic analyses and write and publish scientific papers.
There will be opportunities to participate in undergraduate teaching and supervision of students.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– 01 April 2020