Postdoctoral Positions in France, MILYON, University of Lyon
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Positions in France
MILYON, France invites application for Postdoctoral Positions in France from eligible and interested candidates
About- MILYON gathers more than 400 researchers, from five research units (UMR) of the University of Lyon located in Lyon and Saint-Etienne. MILYON focuses on four key areas: Excellence in research, especially at the interfaces of the two disciplines, and with other sciences; Education, with innovative research-oriented curriculums; Outreach with an ambitious program aimed at disseminating scientific culture among the general public and technology transfer to industry. Postdoctoral Positions in France
Research/Job Area- Mathematics and fundamental computer science
The candidates will do their research in one of the following research units:
- Unit of Pure and Applied Mathematics (UMPA)
- Camille Jordan Institute (ICJ)
- Laboratory of Computing Parallelism (LIP)
- Physics laboratory ENS de Lyon, on the research topics: Mathematical Physics — Hydrodynamic turbulence and Statistical Physics — Signal processing
- Laboratory Hubert Curien (LabHC) – team Data Intelligence
Location- MILYON, France
- The call is open to all candidates on the research topics of the Labex MILYON (see here for details)
- The application has to be supported by a member of the Labex MILYON
- Candidates must have obtained a doctorate in Mathematics, fundamental Computer Science or theoretical physics
- Research positions with no teaching duty.
- Two year contract.
- Net salary: 2,179 €/month. Basic social security included.
- 1,500 €/year allowance for work-related expenses.
How to Apply-
The application includes :
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- a research projet
- up to two letters of recommendation from researchers external to Lyon
- a letter from the scientific advisor in Lyon (the application has to be supported by a researcher in one of the five units of the Labex Milyon)
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 7 January 2020
- Deadline for application: January 7th, 2020, at 11:59 p.m (GMT+1).
- Results are communicated before the end of February, 2020.