Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Research Fellow – 2019
Central European Institute of Technology, Czech Republic invites application for Postdoctoral Research Fellow – 2019 position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Research group is seeking an outstanding applicant for the academic position of a postdoctoral research fellow. The promising candidate will carry out the real time measurement of growth of molecular layers of organic semiconductors on technologically-relevant oxide surfaces by low energy electron microscopy (LEEM) and perform analysis complementary in-situ and ex-situ techniques.
You will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art UHV system combining pulsed laser deposition (PLD), LEEM, STM, XPS, and LEIS. Your role is to perform experimental studies on selected systems under the framework of a SINNCE Twinning project in collaboration with Vienna University of Technology.
Research/Job Area- Physics, Chemistry, or Material Science
Project Title- Molecular Layers on Oxide Surfaces
Location- Central European Institute of Technology, Czech Republic
Research group is looking for highly motivated researcher with a strong background or interest in surface science.
Candidates should have experience in both surface science and vacuum technology.
- Applicants should possess or be very close to obtaining a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, or Material Science.
- Applicants should possess a master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, or Material Science.
- Experience (track of records) in surface science under UHV conditions (both sample preparation and analysis),
- Good interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work as a member of a team,
- Should have very good English – both spoken and written.
- The ability to direct own research and interpret results independently,
- Experience with working at synchrotron sources,
- Experience with oxide materials and catalysis,
- Experience with molecular materials,
- An interest in close collaboration with local experimental groups.
- Carry out the research activities within the projects of the group and as requested by Supervisor,
- Adapt existing and develop new scientific methodologies and experimental protocols,
- Test hypotheses and analyze scientific data from a variety of sources, reviewing and refining working hypotheses as appropriate,
- Contribute ideas for new research projects and contribute to their preparation,
- Undertake comprehensive and systematic literature reviews and summarize the results for publication in peer-reviewed journals,
- Collaborate in preparation of scientific/project reports and journal papers and occasionally present results of the work at conferences,
- Use specialized scientific equipment in a laboratory environment,
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and experimental techniques,
- Represent the research group at external meetings/seminars, either with other members of the group or alone,
- Communicate and coordinate the experiments with the cooperating partners,
- You will have possibility to teach and supervise master/bachelor theses.
Anticipated start date: 2/2019 or upon agreement.
Fixed-term two-year position with a possibility of extension, open to negotiation.
Gross salary adequate for Brno area based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
How to Apply- Interested candidate should provide:
Electronic applications including required items should be submitted to e-mail [email protected] by January 29th, 2019 and quote the “PRF Molecular layers on Oxide Surfaces” in the subject.
- Detailed CV including list of publications,
- Cover letter stating the motivation for applying,
- Name and contact details of two academic referees from two distinct institutions
Last Date for Apply– 29 January 2019