Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Australian Centre for Robotic Vision, Australian National University, Australian offers Multiple Research Fellow Positions Available in Robotic Vision for candidates having PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
About- The Australian Centre for Robotic Vision (ACRV) is a world-leading research centre with a mission to develop new robotic vision technologies that expand the capabilities of robots today and into the future. The centre has established a vibrant international robotic vision community in partnership with our four Australian universities (QUT, ANU, University of Adelaide and Monash), CSIRO and five international organizations (Oxford University, Imperial College London, INRIA, ETH Zurich and Georgia Tech).
Research/Job area– Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
Location- Australian Centre for Robotic Vision, Australian National University, Australian
Eligibility/Qualification- Successful applicants must have a PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline, and the following skills and experience:
- A strong research profile in computer vision or robotics as evidenced by peer-reviewed conference and journal publications.
- Proven ability to undertake independent research as well as collaborate with other local and international researchers, including ability to supervise and mentor PhD students.
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong mathematical and programming skills, and knowledge of state-of-the-art tools and techniques in computer vision and robotics (including deep learning).
- Desire to travel and collaborate with other nodes within the Australian Centre for Robotic Vision as well as other national and international research labs.
Job/Position Description- The Australian National University (ANU) node of the ACRV is looking to hire up to seven postdoctoral researchers (Research Fellows) to join our dynamic team of academics, researchers, engineers and students. Positions are available for two years starting 2018 and come with generous travel and research funds. As a Research Fellow at the ANU node of the ACRV you will work with internationally renowned academics Prof. Rob Mahony, Prof. Richard Hartley, A/Prof. Hongdong Li and A/Prof. Stephen Gould on one or more of the following topics:
- Aerial Robotics: Develop, implement and deploy algorithms for visual control of aerial robots.
- Humans, Robots and Actions: Develop the ability for robots to recognize and anticipate human actions from visual input that facilitates human-robot interaction in uncontrolled environments.
- Robotic Manipulation: Advance the state-of-the-art in robotic manipulation based on visual feedback and control.
- Language and Vision: Research and develop models for visually-grounded conversations between and human and autonomous agent for the purpose of carrying out some complex robotic task.
- Semantic, Geometric and Dynamic Vision: Research and develop new methods and algorithms for robots to operate in dynamic environments to perform 3D visual reconstruction, SLAM navigation, semantic scene understanding and manipulation.
Salary Package: $96,087 to $109,181 per annum plus 17% superannuation
How to Apply- In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.