Postdoctoral Research Position -2019 in Technical University of Denmark
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) invites application for Postdoctoral research position -2019 from eligible and interested candidates
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral research position
About- The Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), invites applicants for a multisicipline postdoctoral position in the area of numerical modelling of biological proccesses in the subsurface.
Research/Job Area- Mechanical engineering or other relevant areas
Project Title– Integration of Scale, Corrosion and Reservoir Souring Mitigations
Location- The Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre, Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- PhD degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant areas;
- Excellent Knowledge of the fundamentals of multiphase flow and transport in porous media and pipes;
- A good knowledge of geomicrobiology, applied mathematic and CFD is very valuable.
- Previous experience with devloping numerical codes for reactive transport models is highly advantageous.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment as an independent researcher;
- Good writing and communication skills in English;
Job/Position Description- Biological hydrogen sulphide production in subsurface reservoirs and pipelines is an unfavourable phenomenon as leads to higher operational costs. The produced hydrogen sulphide is a toxic gas leading to health and safety issues; it also enhances infrastructure corrosion among other negative effects. The presence of scales (e.g. CaCO3, BaSO4, FeCO3, FeS) might lead to enhanced corrosion rates due to galvanic effects and fouling of equipment’s, which ultimately lower the production rates. Corrosion is a common problem in the oil and gas industry, which reduces the lifetime of oilfield equipment.
The candidate is expected to work with the team to perform innovative, fundamental, and applied research on:
- Field scale analysis of altered injection water composition and physical conditions on the microbial souring and scale in the wells
- Upscaling CFD and thermodynamic analyses for well models
- Impacts of biocide and nitrate injection on the well flow
- Combined effects of temperature, pressure and water compositions fluctuations on the well and reservoir performance
The project will involve work with DHRTC partners’ research teams and with the team in the fluid characterization and recovery processes groups at DHRTC.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.The period of employement is 2 years.
How to Apply-
Please submit your online application for Postdoctoral Research Position -2019 no later than 6 January 2019.
Applications must contain all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English. The file must include:
- Application letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project.
- Curriculum vitae
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- Research statement and names and addresses of three references
- List of publications
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Last Date for Apply– 6 January 2019