Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Researcher 2019
University of Twente, Netherlands invites application for Postdoctoral Researcher 2019 position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The ThermoPlastic composites Research Center (TPRC) and University of Twente are looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher 2019 on the topic of compression molding of chopped unidirectional fiber reinforced thermoplastic flakes.
The project will be executed at the faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) of the University of Twente in Enschede, the Netherlands. You will be part of the Mechanics of Solids, Surfaces and Systems (MS3) department, a team of approximately 75 academics and PhD’s which deal with the topics production technology, composites, solid mechanics, tribology and system engineering. More specifically, you will be part of the Nonlinear Solid Mechanics (NSM) and Production Technology (PT) research chairs.
The project is sponsored by TRPC and the University of Twente. TPRC is an open innovation, research and development center, located in Enschede, which concentrates on application of thermoplastic composites.
Research/Job Area- Rheology and nonlinear solid mechanics
Project Title- Simulation Of Compression Molding of Discontinuous Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic Flakes
Location- University of Twente, Netherlands
- You have obtained a PhD degree in composites manufacturing processes or a related discipline with a specialization in long fiber composites.
- A strong background in rheology and nonlinear solid mechanics is required.
- We welcome candidates with strong communication skills who can present their work at conferences and (project) meetings. Fluency in English is required, both spoken and written. You need to provide IELTS test results (minimum score of 6.5), TOEFL-iBT (minimum score of 90) or Cambridge CAE or CPE.
Job/Position Description- The projects concerns the compression molding of chopped unidirectional fiber reinforced flakes, which is a manufacturing process that is very suitable for a broad range of automotive and aero structural parts. Compression molding of discontinuous fiber reinforced thermoplastics combines short processing times with good mechanical performance of produced parts. Moreover, it allows for a large degree of freedom in terms of design. During the molding, the compound is subjected to flow due to redistribution in the mold and filling of details like ribs. The material flow affects the fiber orientation distribution in the part, which in turn influences the mechanical properties. Prediction of mold filling behavior and the resulting fiber orientation distribution is complex, as the flow and the fiber orientation are strongly coupled. The flow affects the fiber orientation, while simultaneously fiber orientation affects the flow.
- Research group offer a challenging full-time postdoc position in an inspiring multidisciplinary environment. The duration of the contract is 2 years
- The gross monthly salary will range from € 3.255,- to € 4.274,- and will depend on experience and qualifications. In addition, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an annual year-end bonus of 8.3%
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs.
How to Apply- Your application should include the following documents:
- A cover letter carefully describing research interests and goals
- CV (including contact information for at least two academic references)
- Transcripts from your Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees
- Transcripts of your language certificates
Please upload your application by link below before February 17, 2019
For Contact- Questions regarding these positions can be directed to dr.ir. Hubert Geijselaers ([email protected])
Last Date for Apply– 17 February 2019
Click here to see details-
Click Here for Official Website-
Click here to apply-
Postdoc Position in Denmark, Aarhus University