Postdoctoral researcher position – 2019 in Sweden, Uppsala University
Uppsala University invites application for Postdoctoral researcher – 2019 in Sweden from eligible and interested candidates
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral researcher – 2019 in Sweden
About- Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has 42,000 students, 7,000 employees and a turnover of SEK 6.7 billion. Postdoctoral researcher – 2019 in Sweden, Uppsala University
The Department of Chemistry – BMC is located at the Uppsala Biomedical Centre campus. It belongs to the Faculty of Science and Technology and conducts research in biochemistry, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, and physical chemistry. The research is focused on catalysis, molecular recognition, structure and dynamics of complex molecular systems, and relationships between the presence of biomolecules and synthetic chemical compounds with various disease states. The creative and research-intense environment contributes to a broad knowledge-base as well as cutting-edge expertise.
Research/Job Area- Computational biology and related field
Location- Uppsala University, Sweden
- PhD in a STEM discipline with a strong background in computational biology.
- The PhD degree should have been obtained no more than three years prior to the application deadline.
- The three-year period can be extended on special circumstances, such as prolonged periods of illness, parental leave, military service, union duties and others of similar character.
- Excellent programming skills (Python is strongly preferred).
- Good knowledge in statistics
- Strong interest in learning about host-pathogen interactions
- The applicant should be fluent in English as the research is conducted in an international environment.
Emphasis will also be placed on personal skills. In this case, we place particular weight on the ability to work as part of a team and a positive attitude towards mobility. The applicant will be responsible for a part of a larger project, and the ability to work independently and to take responsibility will be required.
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis of large-scale functional proteomics datasets, integrating large data sets, and analysing multiple types of omics data.
- Expertise in the analysis of biological networks.
- Basic skills in web resource development (e.g.: SQL, RESTful web services, JS).
Job/Position Description- The position as a postdoctoral researcher is in the group of Dr. Ylva Ivarsson (https://ivarssonlab.com/) as a part of a larger project on systems biology of host-pathogen interactions funded by a frame-work grant from the Swedish foundation for strategic research. The postdoc will be co-supervised by Dr. Evangelia Petsalaki (EBI Hinxtion; https://www.ebi.ac.uk/about/people/evangelia-petsalaki)
In this project we will take a hybrid systems biology approach to explore pathogen short linear motifs and their interactions with host proteins. The successful candidate will analyze and integrate novel large-scale data sets on host-pathogen protein-protein interactions generated by wet-lab team members. The postdoctoral researcher will get the opportunity to spend some time in the lab of Dr. Petsalaki, EBI Hinxton, UK (https://www.ebi.ac.uk/about/people/evangelia-petsalak).
How to Apply- The application must include a CV, full publication list, copies of diplomas and certificates, contact details of two references, and a personal letter including a short description of research interests.
The application will be evaluated based on the following criteria: Appropriate education and work/research in related fields. Emphasis will also be placed on personal skills.
For Contact- Ylva Ivarsson ([email protected])
Last Date for Apply– 28 February 2019