Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Researcher (AI)
Facebook is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to join Facebook AI Research (FAIR) in Paris, France, a research organization focused on making significant progress in AI.
About- Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Research/Job area– Engineering, Tech & Design
Location- Paris, France
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience.
- Track record of publications that demonstrate experience in a quantitative domain.
- Experience collaborating within a team to solve analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Ability to communicate research for public audiences of peers.
- Knowledge in a programming language.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2018.
- First-author publications at peer-reviewed AI conferences (e.g. NIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICLR, ICCV, and ACL).
- Experience conducting original research that can be applied to deep learning research at FAIR (e.g. physics, mathematics, robotics).
Job/Position Description- Facebook is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to join Facebook AI Research (FAIR), a research organization focused on making significant progress in AI. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized experts in identified research areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, computational statistics, and applied mathematics, particularly including areas such as deep learning, graphical models, reinforcement learning, computer perception, natural language processing and data representation. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in producing new science to understand intelligence and technology to make computers more intelligent. Term length would be considered on a case-by-case basis.