Postdoctoral Researcher in Finland, Aalto University
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Researcher in Finland
Aalto University, Finland invites application for Postdoctoral Researcher in Finland from eligible and interested candidates
About- The research of our ambitious team is focused on fundamental research on the quantum-mechanical properties of micromechanical systems. Research group use microwave optomechanics based on superconducting microwave cavities and micromechanical resonators made with aluminum or silicon nitride membranes. Research group demonstrated quantum entanglement between two aluminum resonators. With superconducting qubits, we explore the resonant conversion of quantum information and mechanical motion. In longer term, we are interested in the role of gravitation in quantum micromechanics, and in using levitated nanoparticles as quantum systems. Postdoctoral Researcher in Finland
Research/Job Area- Physics
Location- Aalto University, Finland
- Research group is looking for outstanding candidates who are motivated in experimental, low-temperature solid state physics.
- Research group require the candidates to have a proven track record in quantum nanophysics, clean room techniques, and strong interest in micromechanical systems.
- In addition, the candidates should have experience in running measurements in modern cryogenic systems.
Expected salary for POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER is around 3500 €/month, and it will increase with responsibilities and performance over time.
The position will be filled for 1 year, with a possible extension for 1-2 years.
How to Apply-
To apply for the position, please submit your application as single pdf file containing (all documents in English). Name your application according to Lastname_Firstname_Application.pdf.
- Letter of motivation (max. one page)
- Summary of your skills
- Description of your research interests
- Transcripts of records
- Contact details of possible referees
In addition, email a copy of you application to [email protected]
Please, include the names of three references and ask one of them to send a letter of reference directly by e-mail to Professor Mika Sillanpää ([email protected]).
Last Date for Apply– 31 July 2019