Postdoctoral Researcher Position in Barcelona Institute, Spain
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Researcher Position
Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology, Spain invites application for Postdoctoral Researcher Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology is a scientific foundation of seven of Catalonia’s research centres of excellence. Its main objective is to build new scientific collaborations among these centres, thus giving impulse to multidisciplinary projects to push ever further the frontiers of knowledge. Each BIST centre has reached a high level of excellence in its respective areas of expertise. Postdoctoral Researcher Position
The Theory and Simulation Group developes efficient methods for atomistic simulations in nanostructured systems, which can fully exploit modern computer multiprocessor architectures, and applies them to selected problems in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. These include (but are not restricted to) the SIESTA and TranSIESTA codes. SIESTA is a multi-purpose first-principles method and program, based on Density Functional Theory, which can be used to describe the atomic and electronic properties of systems with up to several thousands of atoms. TranSIESTA is an extension of SIESTA that enables the study of electronic transport phenomena in nanoscale devices. Both codes are among the most important of their kind and are widely used by the academic community.
Research/Job Area- Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Computer Science, or related disciplines
Location- Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology, Spain
• Education- PhD in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Computer Science, or related disciplines.
• Knowledge – DFT methods, coding in Fortran+MPI, python.
• Professional Experience – Experience in computational science (ideally, with SIESTA), high-performance computing, and high- throughput calculations.
• Competences – Strong commitment, attention to detail, demonstrated ability to work with deadlines, manage conflicting priorities, excellent communication skills and ability to work with highly qualified professionals with international backgrounds.
Job/Position Description- The positions are framed within the spirit of the SIESTA-project, with a close collaboration between teams at the ICN2 (Pablo Ordejon, Barcelona), the ICMAB (Alberto García, Barcelona), and CIC nanoGUNE (San Sebastian, in collaboration with Emilio Artacho, in Cambridge).
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: 1 year renewable yearly until 3 years.
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Salary according to the cost of living in Barcelona.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: as soon as possible
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– 31 January 2020