Postdoctoral researcher Position – 2019 in University of Luxembourg
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral researcher- Scientific Project Management
University of Luxembourg invites application for Postdoctoral researcher Position – 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Conduct Research and scientific Project Management of research projects in the area of neurodegeneration- and stem cell science: The Developmental and Cellular Biology Group (led by Prof. Jens Schwamborn) at the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine is looking for a project manager.
Projects in the group are at the interface of systems biology and bio-medical research. In particular, we aim on gaining new insights in the complex processes that regulate neuro-degenerative as well as -regenerative processes.
Research/Job Area- Biomedical sciences or related areas
Location- University of Luxembourg
- Successful applicants have a PhD in biomedical sciences or related areas and should have a background in cell biology, neurodegeneration/regeneration and/or stem cell science.
- Involved in conducting research in projects in Neurodegeneration- and Stem Cell Science
- Experience in the management of international multi-partner projects would be a strong plus.
- Very good command of English language is essential, while additional good knowledge of German and/or French would be an asset.
- Finally, the ability to effectively organise, prioritise and execute tasks in a highly dynamic environment is required.
Research group is looking for highly motivated team player who share our passion for research, are interested in acquiring new skills and wish to be part of an international team.
Activities within the role of the scientific project manager shall be:
The organization and coordination of research projects within the group as well as of larger international research consortia. This will involve research project organization and follow-up of project steps, meetings, definition of deliverables and monitoring of projects. Furthermore, communication with research partners inside and outside of the institute will be an essential part of the position. Finally, scientific contribution to the preparation of grant applications is expected.
Postdoctoral Researcher – Scientific Project management (m/f) – Neurodegeneration- and Stem Cell Science
- Fixed-term contract with an initial contract duration of 24 months (with the possibility for prolongation)
- Full-time position(40h/week)
- Preferred start date: May 2019
- Employee status
- Reference: 50014051
How to Apply- Applications (in English) for Postdoctoral researcher Position – 2019 should contain the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Copy of your PhD Diploma
- Summary of your research activities and publications
- Name and addresses of referees
For Contact- Prof. Dr. Jens C. Schwamborn
Université du Luxembourg; LCSB – Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine
Developmental and Cellular Biology
7, Avenue des hauts-fourneaux, L-4362 Esch sur Alzette (Belval)
T. +352 / 4666445536
E. [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 28 February 2019