Postdoctoral researcher Position in Norway, University of Tromsø
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral researcher Position in Norway
University of Tromsø, Norway invites application for Postdoctoral researcher Position in Norway from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Department of Chemistry announces a vacant position as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow on the project “NANOsense: cryptophanes for methane sensing” The goal of this project is to develop optimal cryptophane host molecules for incorporation into cutting-edge optical methane sensors designed particularly for atmospheric detection of low methane concentrations. Postdoctoral researcher Position in Norway
Research/Job Area- Organic chemistry, or similar
Location- University of Tromsø, Norway
The position requires a Norwegian doctoral degree in synthetic organic chemistry, or similar, or a corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognised as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree. Other requirements are:
- Solid background in organic synthesis, preferably with experience generating complex molecules, and advanced spectrometric structural determination
- Prior experience with chemical synthesis of cryptophanes
- Knowledge of how to study host-guest properties of cryptophanes
- Excellence in previous work and good track record
- Self-motivation and independence
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to the job
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal. Interest in Norwegian language and culture is welcome.
Research group offer an interesting project in the frontier of synthetic chemistry and with immediate applications, scientific independence, good remuneration, and a great work environment within framework of the exotic city of Tromsø in Arctic Norway.
The appointment is for a period of two years, with preferred start as soon as possible in 2019.
How to Apply-
Your application must include:
- Application and motivation letter
- CV (max. two pages)
- Short description of your past research projects and their relevance to the current application (max. one page)
- Short description of your academic production (track record), highlighting three works that you consider most important for the current application (max. one page)
- Academic works (up to five). The doctoral thesis is regarded as one work
- Diplomas and transcripts
- Three references, including the PhD supervisor
Qualification as PhD is required before commencement in the position. If you are in the process of completing your PhD, you must document that you have submitted your PhD thesis by the application deadline. You should have dissertated before the preferred start-up date of the position, (date). You should also attach a statement from your supervisor.
Documentation have to be in English or a Scandinavian language. Submit applications electronically through Jobbnorge.no.
Last Date for Apply– 31 July 2019