Postdoctoral Scientist Position in Sweden, Uppsala University
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Scientist Position in Sweden
Uppsala University, Sweden invites application for Postdoctoral Scientist Position in Sweden from eligible and interested candidates
About- Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has 44.000 students, 7.100 employees and a turnover of SEK 7 billion. Postdoctoral Scientist Position in Sweden
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or other for the position relevant fields
Project Title – simulations of Li-ion batteries by finite element methodology
Location- Uppsala University, Sweden
- The applicant should have a Ph.D. exam or an international equivalent within the field of Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or other for the position relevant fields, within a maximum of three (3) years before the final application date.
- During certain circumstances, an earlier Ph.D. can be acceptable. Certain circumstances include leaving due to illness, parental leave, in trade unions, etc.
- The assessment of applications is based primarily on the applicant’s ability to conduct independent research based on scientific skills.
- Greater importance is attached to the quality of individual scientific work, than to the number of publications.
- The applicant shall be well familiar with modeling techniques and multiphysics software (Ansys, Comsol, or similar).
- The candidate must have excellent capabilities in written and oral English.
- Consideration will also be given to good collaborative skills, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Additional requirements: Knowledge of Li-ion batteries is recommended, but not necessary. Familiarity with programming is useful, as are experiences of machine learning methodology.
Starting date: 2020-08-01.
- The main duties involved in a post-doctoral posistion is to conduct research.
- Teaching may also be included, but up to no more than 20% of working hours.
- The main focus of the current research project is modelling of Li-ion batteries through application of finite element methods.
- The computational results will be correlated to experimental tests and measurements on batteries and treated by machine learning techniques. The project involves collaboration with industry.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Your application should include:
- CV including a list of publications.
- Cover letter (maximum one page)
- Names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers for three reference persons.
Last Date for Apply– 19 June 2020, UFV-PA 2020/1929