Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Queensland University of Technology, Australia invites application for Postdoctoral Research Fellow position from eligible and interested candidates
About- QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a ‘real world’ focus. We are one of the nation’s fastest growing research universities and our courses are in high
demand. Our graduates include eight Rhodes Scholars, five of these awarded in the past six
QUT’s Science and Engineering Faculty is helping to drive the innovations shaping the
way we live for a safer, more sustainable and secure world tomorrow. We pride ourselves on being world leaders in our research and learning outcomes.
Research/Job Area- Centre for Tropical Crops and Biocommodities School of Chemistry, Physics and Mechanical Engineering Science and Engineering Faculty/Institute of Future Environments
Location- Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- . Completion of a postgraduate degree in a Chemistry discipline.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in a selection of XRD, SEM/TEM, NMR, HPLC, GC-MS,
GPC, TGA, FTIR, and Raman spectroscopy.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis of large datasets in formats such as Excel workbooks, databases and text files, and the ability to write code to manipulate and summarise data, such as via Excel macros.
- Proven scientific writing skills, preparation of reports and papers for a variety of audiences, including papers for publication in high-quality refereed journals as well as
a proven research track record as evidenced by high quality refereed publications.
- Well-developed oral and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and research collaborators, including demonstrated ability to present information at seminars, conferences and industry events.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a research
- Proven ability to work autonomously and produce project deliverables in a timely
Job/Position Description- QUT is seeking a PhD or Masters graduate in chemistry, as part of an initiative to develop the next generation of Research, Development & Adoption service providers to the sugarcane milling industry. A primary focus will be sugarcane processing, including solid/liquid separation processes, carbohydrate chemistry, on-process measurements, scale remediation, bagasse and molasses utilisation.
|Total remuneration range of: $AUD77,312 to $AUD131,147 (LEVA/B) (inclusive of $AUD65,330 to $AUD110,821 pa total salary (LEVA/B), 17% superannuation & 17.5% recreation leave loading)
|Fixed-term, full-time basis for three (3) years|
This position is based within the Centre for Tropical Crops and Biocommodities. The
position has been created as part of a capability building initiative to develop the next
generation of Research, Development & Adoption service providers to the sugarcane
Specifically the Postdoctoral Research Fellow will use a background in chemistry to provide
research, consulting and training services for the benefit of Australian and international
sugar industry customers, primarily focussed on sugarcane processing, including solid/liquid separation processes (i.e., interface phenomena), carbohydrate chemistry, onprocess measurements, scale remediation, and bagasse and molasses utilisation.
This position reports to Principle Research Fellow for supervision, workload management
and for Performance Planning and Review (PPR).
How to Apply-
- Start your application by clicking the “begin” button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form
Last Date for Apply– 6 January 2019