Designation/Position- RA and JRF Positions
Pondicherry University, India invites application for RA and JRF Positions from eligible and interested candidates
About- Pondicherry University holds a special place in the Indian University System. It was created to meet out the demands of the local community, and ever since its inception in 1985, it has shown a tremendous commitment to innovation and to serving the needs of the nation.
Research/Job Area- Ecology/Environmental Sciences/Botany/ Zoology/Forestry/Life Science/Wildlife Science
Location- Pondicherry University
Candidate must possess a Ph.D. degree from a recognized University/Institute in Ecology/Environmental Sciences/Botany/ Zoology/Forestry/Life Science/Wildlife Science with a specialization on mapping, vegetation/animal inventory, and diversity assessment has published research work in peer-reviewed journals and has shown evidence of independent research work.
Preference will be given to those who have hands-on experience in plant taxonomy, sampling, and field data collection in mountainous terrain, analysis and interpretation, processing satellite images, and data integration in GIS.
Age limit: Shall not be more than 35 years of age as of 30 July 2020. Relaxation as per Govt. norms.
Junior Research Fellow:
- Candidate must possess MSc degree from a recognized
University/Institute in Ecology/Environmental Sciences/Botany/ Zoology/Forestry/Life Science/Wildlife Science with 55% of Marks. Preference will be given to a candidate who has basic knowledge on field data collection and analysis and has cleared UGC/CSIR NET
or GATE in the relevant subject.
- Age limit: Shall not be more than 28 years of age as of 30 July 2020. Relaxation as per Govt. norms.
Advertisement No.: PU/DEES/SJ/MoEFCC-Project STR/2020
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Research Associate and Junior Research Fellows position available in a major research project entitled “Assessment of Changes for the Conservation and Management of Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve” (File No.19-38/2018/RE) funded by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), New Delhi.
Research Associate (RA-I) (1), Emoluments: Rs.47,000/- per month (Consolidated)
Junior Research Fellow (2) Emoluments: Rs.31,000/- per month for NET/GATE (Consolidated)
Duration of the Project: Two years
How to Apply-
- Eligible candidates may submit an application based on the format given below with a cover letter to the following address by post or courier.
- A soft copy of the application with all documents must be sent to the email id given below. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- All applicants must fill the details in the google form without fail.
- (If the link does not work in Internet Explorer, please copy and paste/type in the address bar of other browsers) Google Form: https://forms.gle/ZYX5tevCAvu1iQ4N7
- The last date for the receipt of the application is extended up to 31 August 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be intimated through email for an oral interview. The mode of the interview (online/offline) will be decided based on the Covid-19 pandemic condition.
Prof. S. Jayakumar
Dept. of Ecology & Environmental Sciences
School of Life Sciences
Kalapet, Puducherry – 605 014
Email: [email protected]