R&D proposals by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), India
Designation/Position- R&D proposals
Department of Science & Technology (DST), India invites application for R&D proposals from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Science for Equity, Empowerment & Development Division (SEED), Department of Science and Technology (DST) is implementing a programme “Technology Interventions for Disabled and Elderly (TIDE)” to promote applied research and development of assistive technologies for empowerment of Elderly population and Divyangjan in the country. R&D proposals
- Elderly/Geriatric Sector
- Visual Disability (including low vision)
- Intellectual Disabilities (including Learning Disabilities)
- Hearing & Speech Disabilities
- Locomotor Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
1. Universities and other higher educational institutions recognized or regulated by UGC/ AICTE and/or MHRD/ State Education Department
2. Private Academic Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions and Government Aided Colleges recognized or regulated by UGC/ AICTE
3. S&T based voluntary organizations, which are working in the rural areas with legal status or as a society registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 or a trust registered under the Indian Trusts Act 1982 or Charitable or Religious Act 1920
4. R&D Labs/Centres recognized by Government
Job/Position Description- TIDE Programme provides Grant-in-Aid support to Knowledge Institutions, Recognized R&D Labs and S&T based Voluntary Organizations for design and development of Assistive Devices, Processes and Protocols for improved Autonomy, Quality of Life and Social Inclusion of target beneficiaries (Elderly and Divyangjan).
How to Apply-
1. The PI should submit the project proposal online through DST‟s Electronic Project Management System (e-PMS) on portal www.onlinedst.gov.in the given format along with necessary documents.
2. Proposal format can be downloaded from Website https://onlinedst.gov.in/Login.aspx. Go to: Schemes and Formats: SEED Division: Technology Interventions for Disabled and Elderly: Download Call format. Kindly comply to the instructions mentioned during online submission of proposal.
3. After submitting the proposal online, Investigators are required to submit three hard copies (print out of their online submitted application along with two copies) with the signatures in ink and rubber stamps of the concerned persons/ officials in an envelope super scribed as “Proposal for TIDE 2019” along with the TPN No. The hard copies of the proposals may be sent to the Officer-in-Charge of TIDE Programme
The Officer-in-Charge of TIDE Programme may be contacted for any queries relating to the technical aspects of proposals under the call.
Dr. Konga Gopikrishna, Scientist „E‟ Science for Equity Empowerment and Development Division Hall I, Room No. 4, Technology Bhavan Department of Science and Technology New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110016
E-Mail: [email protected]; Phone: 011 26590298
Last Date for Apply– 31 October 2019