Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), India invites application for Scientists position from eligible and interested candidates
About- RAC, the Recruitment and Assessment Centre of DRDO was set up on 23 July 1985 after getting exemption from the purview of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). It is situated at Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi. RAC has undertaken various recruitment programmes to induct scientists each year in variety of scientific and engineering disciplines relevant to DRDO Laboratories and assessed the suitability of DRDO scientists for promotion to next higher grade through duly constituted Assessment Boards/ Peer Committee.
Research/Job Area- Computer Science & Engg/Information & Technology & Electronics &
Location- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), India
AGE LIMIT (as on closing date of advertisement) :
(a) For Scientist ‘D’/‘E’ : not exceeding 45 years.
(b) For Scientist ‘C’: not exceeding 35 years.
The upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for Civilian Central Govt employees as per rules. Age is also relaxable for Ex-Servicemen including Ex SSCOs/ECOs and
also for persons with disability as per Govt rules in vogue.
The applicants should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria as on the closing date of advertisement. Candidates should be in possession of First Class degree certificate awarded by the University.
Candidates should possess the prescribed experience in the relevant field as mentioned under the column “Qualifications &Experience” with documentary proof. The prescribed Essential Qualifications/experience are bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidate to be called for personal interview.
Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
Job/Position Description- In pursuit of self-reliance in critical technologies relevant to national security, DRDO formulates and executes programmes of scientific research, design, development, testing and evaluation of various systems, subsystems, devices and products required for defence of the nation. DRDO employs highly qualified and competent Scientists and Technologists in Group ‘A’ (Class I) Technical Service known as Defence Research & Development Services (DRDS).
RAC INVITES ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSTS IN THE DRDS CADRE OF DRDO UNDER DIRECT RECRUITMENT SCHEME
THROUGH RAC WEBSITE https://rac.gov.in
Shortlisting Process: Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for further selection process by adopting any one or more of the following methods:
(a) On the basis of educational qualifications and / or experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement duly supported by the documentary evidence
(b) On the basis of Desirable Qualification (DQ), if more than one DQ is prescribed, on any one or all of the DQs
(c) By holding a Screening Committee Meeting including Technical Experts from Industry & Academia
Candidates will be short listed on the basis of above mentioned methods for Personal Interview in the following ratio subject to their availability :
(i) For one Post Upto 12 candidates
(ii) For 2-3 Posts Upto 24 candidates
(iii) For 4-6 Posts Upto 36 candidates
(iv) For 7-9 Posts Upto 48 candidates
(v) For 10 Posts and above Upto 50 candidates or above
(5 times of the number of Posts)
The candidates should, therefore, mention all qualifications/ experience/ achievements/ specialisation in relevant fields including those over and above the minimum qualifications.
How to Apply- Candidates desirous of applying for more than one post, must apply separately for each post.
- Online registration on RAC website (https://rac.gov.in) is mandatory.
- Candidates are required to submit their applications online along with legible and lighter file containing
- scanned copies of certificates for Date of Birth (DOB), essential and higher educational qualification along with percentage of marks (duly supported by the mark sheets), experience claimed in the column pertaining to employment history of online application, document/certificate in support of last pay drawn, a recent passport size colour photograph (not exceeding 30 KB; 110 x 140 pixels) and the required fee through RAC website (https://rac.gov.in).
- The maximum file size of each attachment should not exceed 500 KB and it must be legible when a printout is taken. For that, the applicant may scan the certificate into 200 dpi grey scale.
- All candidates, whether in Govt. Service or in Govt. owned organisations, should submit their applications online directly to the Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC). Such candidates are required to upload a signed declaration (as per the proforma available at RAC website) that they have informed their Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) in writing, that they have applied for the post in DRDO failing which their applications will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates are advised to retain a copy of the online recruitment application (pdf format) along with acknowledgement slip generated after finally submitting the online application form.
Application Fee of Rs. 100/- (one hundred) shall be paid online. No fee is payable by SC/ ST/ Divyang / Women Candidates.
Number of vacancies are tentative and may vary.
For Contact- E-mail address for correspondence is [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 30 November 2018