Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Researcher
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), USA invites application for postdoctoral researcher position for candidates having Mechanical, chemical, or materials engineering, or relevant dissertation research degree.
About– The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is a leader in the U.S. Department of Energy’s effort to secure an environmentally and economically sustainable energy future. With locations in Golden and Boulder, Colorado, and a satellite office in Washington, D.C., NREL is the primary laboratory for research, development, and deployment of renewable energy technologies in the United States.
Location- The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), USA
Research/Job Area- Mechanical, chemical, or materials engineering, or relevant
Education, Experience, and Skills
Ph.D. with strong academic and research record in relevant thermal sciences field with emphasis on modeling and/or experimental work in materials synthesis, component or system prototyping, and phase-change materials and composites. Mechanical, chemical, or materials engineering, or relevant dissertation research in other engineering or science field.
Strong interpersonal communication skills (oral and written), and demonstrated ability to work independently.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
Must be a recent PhD graduate within the last three years.
- Experience programming in Engineering Equation Solver (EES), Matlab, and/or Modelica.
- Experience programming in C, Python, VBA.
- Experience using differential scanning calorimetry, thermogravimetric analysis, BET analysis, optical and electron microscopy, or other relevant thermal/materials characterization techniques.
Job/Position Description- NREL’s Building Energy Sciences group has an opening for a post-doctoral position on thermal energy storage. The successful candidate will join team members on cutting-edge laboratory and analytical projects to research, develop, and evaluate thermal energy storage materials, components, and systems, including integration with HVAC systems. The successful candidate should have a strong background and understanding of fundamental heat transfer, solid-liquid phase change, carbon-based materials (e.g., porous graphite structures), and materials development and characterization.
Under the general direction of senior staff, the successful candidate will:
- Synthesize new materials and composites, with an emphasis on organic phase-change materials and graphite-based matrices or foams for enhancing thermal conductivity.
- Experimentally characterize the pore structure, thermal conductivity, and heat of fusion of phase change materials and composites,
- Improve, develop, and use first-principles numerical modeling tools of thermal storage composites, components and systems,
- Perform laboratory experiments of fluid/thermal components at NREL’s HVAC laboratory, which features detailed measurements of airstreams (5-10,000 cfm), water, glycol, refrigerants, and similar fluids
- Publish papers in materials, heat transfer, and energy-related journals.
How to Apply- You must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Last Date for Apply– Till Position Filled