Research Associate and SRF Position at Mahatma Gandhi University, India
Designation/Position- Research Associate and SRF Position
Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, India invites application for Research Associate and SRF Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Mahatma Gandhi University,one of the major Universities in Kerala, is a premier educational institution that strives to fulfill the higher educational needs of the people from Central Kerala. Set on the sprawling 110-acre Priyadarsini Hills Campus at Athirampuzha, 12 kms off Kottayam, the University also has two satellite campuses in Kottayam .
Research/Job Area- Environmental Science/ Environment Science & Management / Environment Science & Disaster Management/ Zoology
Location- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, India
Research Associate (RA)-
- Essential Qualification: Ph.D. in Science (With a Masters in Environmental Science/ Environment Science & Management / Environment Science & Disaster Management/ Zoology)
PhD in Engineering ( Pollution Control / Environmental Engineering)
- The candidate applying for Research Associate must have at least one research publication in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Desirable qualification: Experience in Microplastics research especially in Microplastic sampling and analysis with evidence of publications.
Senior-Research Fellow (SRF)-
- a) M.Sc. in Environmental Science/ Environment Science and Management/ Environment Science and Disaster Management with minimum 60% marks / CGPA of 7.0 or above (10 point scale) with consistently good academic records.
- Additionally should have :
Qualified National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC NET for JRF including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and Gate
Qualified any of the National level examinations for JRF conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
- b) Qualification prescribed above with two years of research experience after obtaining MSc.
Desirable qualification: Experience in Microplastic sampling, analysis, and handling of sophisticated instruments like FT-IR, GCMS, Stereomicroscope, etc. Candidates with at least one research publication in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal are preferred.
SES/MGU/ NCCR-Microplastic project/RA &SRF
Applications are invited for the positions of Research Associate and Senior-Research Fellow (SRF) to work in the project titled “Microplastics contamination in sediment and selected benthic organisms of Arabian Sea Coast and a few estuaries of Kerala” funded by Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Govt. of India through National Centre For Coastal Research (NCCR), Chennai.
The emoluments/fellowship and eligibility will be as per Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India norms.
The positions are temporary, initially for a period of one year, extendable to two more years based on the availability of funds and the performance of the candidate which will be evaluated by a committee constituted by the PI and the project implementing organization.
Research Associate (RA)- (Rs. 47000 /49000/54000* p.m. + HRA)
Senior-Research Fellow (SRF)- (35000 p.m. + HRA)
How to Apply-
- Interested candidates can send their application mentioning the name of the post applied for along with detailed biodata in support of their suitability to the post to Prof. E. V. Ramasamy (PI) through the email ID: [email protected]
- The scan copy of the proof of qualifications, experience, and publication also to be attached, applications without such attachments will be rejected.
- Applications should reach the PI (Principal Investigator) before 5.00 pm, August 10, 2020.
- Applications received after the due date will be rejected.
- Applications will be scrutinized and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview and the details of the same will be communicated to the applicants through E-mail.