Research Associates Jobs at IITM, Pune, Total Post = 10+20 nos.
Designation/Position- Research Associates Jobs
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune, India invites application for Research Associates Jobs from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune is an autonomous research organization under Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi, fully devoted to cutting edge research in various aspects of weather and climate science. The activities include training of
post graduates and motivate them to take up research careers in atmospheric and oceanic sciences required to improve skill of weather and climate forecasts.
Research/Job Area- Physical Sciences [includes Physics/Applied Physics/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Meteorology/ Oceanography/ Climate Science/Geophysics with Meteorology as one of the subject/Environmental Sciences/ Electronics / or equivalent subjects] / Chemical Sciences [includes Chemistry/ Physical Chemistry/ Inorganic Chemistry/ Organic Chemistry/ or equivalent subjects]/ Mathematical Sciences [includes Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/statistics/ or equivalent subjects
Location- Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune
IITM Research Associates: 10 nos. (Reservation SC- 1, ST – 1, OBC-4, EWS –2, UR -2)
a) Essential Qualifications:
- A Doctorate degree from a recognized University in Meteorology/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Oceanography/ Physics/ Applied Physics/ Geophysics with Meteorology as main subject/ Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/ or equivalent subjects. Well acquainted in computer programming, Linux etc. and having publications in peer reviewed journals related to atmospheric/oceanic/climate sciences.
- Candidate should have minimum 60% aggregate mark in the Master’s degree.
Desirable Qualifications: Demonstrated skill in weather and climate modeling/observational techniques and data analysis etc. supported by peer reviewed publications.
b)Age Limit: 35 years as on 30.04.2020;
IITM Research Fellows: (20 nos.) (Reservation SC-2, ST-4, OBC-4, EWS-5, UR – 5)
Post Graduate degree with minimum 60% Marks in (Physical Sciences [includes Physics/Applied Physics/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Meteorology/ Oceanography/ Climate Science/Geophysics with Meteorology as one of the subject/Environmental Sciences/ Electronics / or equivalent subjects] / Chemical Sciences [includes Chemistry/ Physical Chemistry/ Inorganic Chemistry/ Organic Chemistry/ or equivalent subjects]/ Mathematical Sciences [includes Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/statistics/ or equivalent subjects] with CSIR-UGC NET (including Lectureship) /GATE.
M.Tech. with minimum 60% Marks in (Atmospheric/Oceanic Sciences or equivalent subject) with CSIR-UGC NET (including Lectureship)/GATE/qualified OR Master degree with minimum 60% marks from any branch of Engineering along with CSIR-UGC NET (including Lectureship)/GATE/ qualified.
- Candidates who have qualified CSIR-UGC-NET (including Lectureship) /GATE and appeared for final year of M.Sc./ M.S./ M.Tech./ M.E. can apply for the post and should write their aggregate marks upto the latest semester they have appeared but their appointment is subject to having passed the M.Tech./M.Sc./M.S./M.E. examination as evidenced by mark sheets/provisional degree certificate. Selected candidates are required to complete Ph.D. in Atmospheric/ Oceanic Sciences under the guidance of research scientists of this Institute.
- Candidates should have studied Physics or Mathematics at Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates who have qualified through processes held at National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc. at par with DST O.M. SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated 30.01.2019 can also apply for the post.
Desirable: Demonstrated computer programming Linux, UNIX, Windows/Fortran/C etc.
b) Age Limit: 28 years as on 30.04.2020;
- Candidates who would like to avail fellowship from CSIR/UGC/DST-INSPIRE and work as JRF in IITM are also encouraged to apply.
- Such candidates need to specify in the online application form about their preference of fellowship (whether availing IITM Research
Fellowship or CSIR/UGC/ DST-INSPIRE fellowship).
Note – Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for physically handicapped and as per rule for ex-servicemen.
Advertisement No. PER/03/2020)
Selected candidates would be required to successfully complete two semesters of an in house training in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, which is a qualifying criteria for Ph.D. registration.
IITM Research Associates:
- Stipend: Rs. 47,000/-p.m. plus admissible HRA;
- Tenure: 01 year (Extendable by another 02 years depending on performance)
IITM Research Fellows:
- Stipend: Rs.31,000/- p.m. plus admissible HRA;
- Tenure: 04 years. The candidate should register for Ph.D. within first two years.
How to Apply- Aspiring candidates may submit their applications along with their CV online.
Interviews for RA positions will be held in May-June 2020. Written Examination and Interviews for RF position would be held in May-June 2020
Last Date for Apply– 31 July 2020