Designation/Position- Research Engineer/Senior Research Engineer, Glass Processing
Saint-Gobain Research India Pvt Ltd, Chennai, India invites application for Research Engineer/Senior Research Engineer, Glass Processing from candidates having Masters/ Ph. D. in Materials Science/Metallurgy/Ceramics/Chemical Engineering.
About– In 2015, Saint-Gobain celebrated its 350th anniversary. Backed by its experience and capacity to continuously innovate, Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction market, designs, manufactures and distributes high-performance and building materials providing innovative solutions to meet the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection. With 2016 sales of €39.1 billion, Saint-Gobain operates in 67 countries and has more than 170,000 employees. Research Engineer/Senior Research Engineer
Location- Saint-Gobain Research India Pvt Ltd, Chennai, India
Research/Job Area- Materials Science/Metallurgy/Ceramics/Chemical Engineering
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Knowledge and experience in heat treatment, thermal and optical properties of inorganic materials (thin films and coatings).
• A customer-voice driven mentality is required for the position.
• Project leadership including: project management, experimental design, problem solving and teamwork.
• Respectful communication and ability to collaborate effectively in a matrix structure with people from a wide range of backgrounds including business, manufacturing, research, engineering, marketing, process technicians, and operators.
• Ability to work independently on several projects simultaneously
• Experience with vapor deposition coating processes is a plus.
- Masters/ Ph. D. in Materials Science/Metallurgy/Ceramics/Chemical Engineering with 0-3 years of experience in the relevant field.
SPECIFIC SKILLS / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary to communicate with the plant, with customers and to report progress on projects.
- Should be able to lead small and medium size projects, and systematically conclude work packages with sound R&D methodology.
2. Build a strong relationship with manufacturing plants and external customers and focus on process optimization and innovation through cost reduction and improved Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) standards.
3. Understand glass processing needs at customer facilities; optimize and transfer technical solutions to application engineers.
4. Should be capable of optimizing the process based on the analysis of data for structure-property relationship; Experience in failure analysis is a plus.
5. Work on improving, developing and implementing processes & characterization methods; document results through use of laboratory notebooks, technical memos, research reports and SOP’s and present the findings in oral and written forms.
How to Apply- Send in your applications to [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– Till position end