Research Fellow Position in UK, Queen’s University Belfast
Designation/Position- Research Fellow Position in UK
Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK invites application for Research Fellow Position in UK from eligible and interested candidates
About- Queen’s University has become the first academic institution in Northern Ireland to be awarded a royally-sealed professorship. The rare Regius Professorship is bestowed to recognise exceptional research work. The Queen has awarded the title to the electronics and computer engineering department, which has undertaken pioneering work in the field of cyber-security. Research Fellow Position in UK
Research/Job Area- Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or closely related discipline
Location- Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
1. PhD or nearly completion of a PhD in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or closely related discipline.
2. At least 3 years research experience in wireless communications, signal processing and information theory.
3. Ability to contribute to research management and administrative processes.
4. Contribute to the School’s outreach programme by links with industry, community groups etc
5. Sufficient breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline and of research methods and techniques to work within established research programmes.
6. Ability to communicate complex information clearly.
7. Ability to build contacts and participate in internal and external networks.
8. Demonstrable intellectual ability.
9. Ability to assess and organise resources.
10. Ability to travel and present at the international conferences, willing to have 3-6 month secondment overseas.
1. At least 2:1 honours degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or closely related discipline.
2. Strong background in communication theory and signal processing for massive MIMO wireless communications.
3. Experience in EU or RCUK projects, in particular in project task management and reporting through periodic deliverables. Experience working with external industrial or academic partners
4. Experience in producing timely technical documentation on research projects (deliverables, reports).
5. Experience with presentations of research outputs in conferences, workshops, or seminars.
Job/Position Description- To contribute to the project, funded by UK Research and Innovation(UKRI), entitled “Analysis and Design for Cell-Free Massive MIMO”‘ by developing a complete, useful, and practical cellfree massive MIMO system.
The successful candidate will work within an established research team led by Dr Hien Ngo, and will work mainly on performance analysis, channel estimation aspects, and resource allocations of cell-free massive MIMO.
The candidates will become active members of the Centre for Wireless Innovation and the Schoolof EEECS at QUB, assisting in the production of world leading research output and the development of new research initiatives in the broader area of cell-free massive MIMO research.
Salary – £33,199 per annum
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– 12 August 2019