Research Internship in USA for Indian Students, IUSSTF
Designation/Position- Research Internship in USA for Indian Students
Indo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF) invites application for Research Internship in USA for Indian Students from eligible and interested candidates
About- Engineering /Editing Technology Initiative ( Getin) Program acknowledging importance of strategies & techniques in genome modification, as modern day essential tools for research & development, the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India along with the Indo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF) announces fellowship program between Indian Institutes and premier U.S. Universities, in significant areas of Genome Engineering / Editing Technology (GETin). Research Internship in USA for Indian Students
Research/Job Area- Life Science, Biotechnology, Engineering or Technology
- Indian citizens currently pursuing Ph.D. on a full-time basis in various forefront disciplines of biotechnology (agriculture, health sciences, bio-engineering, biomedical, fundamental biology or allied fields) at a public-funded R&D lab / S&T Institute / recognized academic institute / University/ College in India.
- For a period of up to 6 months
- Age: Up to 32 years as on 31 December 2019
- Indian citizens having Ph.D. in Life Science, Biotechnology, Engineering or Technology, holding a regular position in public funded R&D Lab / S&T Institution / recognized Universities/ Colleges in India.
- Fora period of up to 5 weeks to 12 months
- Age: Up to 45 years as on 31 December 2019
- U.S. Faculty or Foreign Post Docs presently working in U.S. (for at least two years) in a field having an interface with Genome Engineering / Editing Technologies.
- Applicant should possess Ph.D., M.D, M.S or equivalent degree with outstanding track record as evident though publications and other recognitions
- Fora period of 2-3 months
- Age: Up to 60 years as on 31 December 2019
Job/Position Description- The program is open to individuals whose research work has an interface with Genome Engineering / Editing Technology studies.
- Provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- Promote research and capacity building
- Encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path;
- Create attractive avenues for skilled overseas researchers to
pursue R&D in Indian orto mentor Indian scientist (s); and,
- Pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, in the frontline area of Genome Engineering / Editing Technology; thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations
FELLOWSHIP / INTERNSHIP INCLUDES:
- Monthly Stipend • Airfare
- Contingency Allowance • Health Insurance
How to Apply- Applications should be submitted using Online Application Portal. (Hard copies and electronic copies of Application forms will not be accepted).
For Contact- [email protected]
|Dr. Onkar N. Tiwari |
Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India CGO Complex, Lodhi Road.
|Dr. Chaitali Bhattacharya |
Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum
Fulbright House,12 Hailey Road, New Delhi-1 10001
Last Date for Apply– 31 December 2019