Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, United States invites application for Research Internships position from eligible and interested candidates
About- AI2 was founded in 2014 with the singular focus of conducting high-impact research and engineering in the field of artificial intelligence, all for the common good. AI2 is the creation of Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder, and is led by Dr. Oren Etzioni, a world-renowned researcher and professor in the field of AI and computer science.
Situated on the shores of Lake Union, AI2 employs over 80 of the world’s best scientific talent in the field of AI, attracting individuals of varied interests and backgrounds from across the globe. AI2 prides itself on the diversity and collaboration of its team, and takes a results-oriented approach to complex challenges in AI.
Research/Job Area- Computer science
Location- Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, United States
Eligibility/Qualification– PhD students in computer science are invited to apply for full-time internships year-round. Applicants should have an interest in natural language processing, machine learning, knowledge representation, semantics, question answering, textual entailment, or computer vision. All interns are paired with a mentor and participate in AI2’s groundbreaking work. There are no restrictions on publications based on internships. Pay is competitive, and visa sponsorship is available.
AI2 Intern Fellowship:
– For summer interns to continue AI2 related project when they go back to school
– Full tuition and stipend for a semester
– to support continuation of an internship project as part of the intern’s PhD work
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- A learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- Value diversity – We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- Value inclusion – We understand the value that people’s individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- Emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- Collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures.
- Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door. We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States.
- Friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 70+ (and growing) people who work here. We do.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidates can apply online.
For Contact- If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at 206-548-5600.
Last Date for Apply– year-round