Research Proposal on COVID-19 by DBT – BIRAC, India
Designation/Position- Research Proposal
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), India invites application for Research Proposal on COVID-19 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The theme of the current RFP is: Developing Diagnostics, Vaccines, novel Therapeutics, repurposing of drugs and any other intervention for control of COVID-19 outbreak”. Projects submitted must take into account the criteria for affordability, wide-spread adoption and have a realistic possibility for scale-up.
Research/Job Area- Diagnostics, Vaccines, Novel Therapeutics, Repurposing of Drugs or any other intervention for control of COVID-19
Funding Opportunity under SUPRA Scheme by SERB, India
The proposals can be submitted by:
- Company (Start-up, Small, Medium or Large) incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 having a minimum of 51% of the shares of the Company to be held by Indian Citizens (Indian passport holders).
- Limited liability Partnership (LLP) incorporated under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 having a minimum half of the persons who have subscribed their names to the LLP document as its Partners should be Indian citizens (NOTE: The applicant Company/LLP should have adequate in-house facility to address the project implementation (which shall be evaluated during the proposal evaluation) or incubated with any of the recognized incubation facility. DSIR certificate is not mandatory).
- Academia (Public or Private Research Institute, University) having a well-established support system for research. The institute should have been established in India and have NAAC/ UGC/ AICTE or any equivalent recognition certificate or any other Public/Government supported organization
- Non-academic Individuals (NAI)
Application can be submitted by any of the above entities (a – d) jointly or severally
Funding Support: Grant‐in‐aid assistance will depend on the proposed activities.
Duration: Project duration can be up to 24 months (encouraged to develop the solution in 6-12 months wherever possible)
How to Apply-
a. Process of application submission
- Proposals in the form of Letter of Intent are required to be submitted online only. Online proposal submission can be done by registered users. The RFP will be open for a period of 12 days. Process for submitting the proposals online is detailed below:
- Log on the BIRAC website (www.birac.nic.in)
- Registered users may log-in using the credentials and new users need to register the institution with by clicking on New User Registration.
- In case of new user registration, a computer generated password is sent to the email-id provided at the time of registration.
- Upon login, the user is navigated to the page displaying the specific scheme link.
- Click on the link under Programmes and the active call would be highlighted.
- Click on the active call against which the proposal needs to be submitted.
b. Process for selection of the proposals
The process of evaluation broadly comprises the following steps:
- Eligibility check of mandatory legal parameters
- Review of LOI by Scientific Advisory Group (SAG)
- Presentation of applicant of selected proposals to SAG
- Final recommendations and execution of funding agreement
- The proposals will be evaluated based on following criteria: 1. Scientific Merit 2. Technical strength of proposal 3. Clarity of technical strategy 4. Innovation level 5. Level of Risk 6. Investigator’s Credentials and/or collaborative team’s expertise.
Last Date for Apply– 30 March 2020 at 2.00 pm