Research Scholarship for PhD or post-doctoral researchers, Switzerland
Designation/Position- Research Scholarship
Gubelin Gem Lab, Switzerland invites application for Research Scholarship for PhD or post-doctoral researchers from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Dr. Eduard Gübelin Research Scholarship is an annual grant allocated to an innovative research project in the field of gemmology awarded by The Dr. Eduard Gübelin Association for Research & Identification of Precious Stones – a non-profit entity of the Gübelin Group.
Research/Job Area- Earth sciences (mineralogy, geology, geochemistry), crystallography, chemistry, physics, material sciences, archaeology, biology, and related fields
Location- Gubelin Gem Lab, Switzerland
- The scholarship is available to students and researchers at MSc, PhD or post-doctoral level.
- The minimum requirement for applicants is a BSc degree in earth sciences, chemistry, physics, material sciences or another hard science.
- The successful recipient of the grant, i.e. the applicant, must be a person rather than an institution or company.
- However, applicants are encouraged to submit project proposals that involve collaboration with a university or other research institute.
- Applicants may be no more than 40 years of age. Applications are welcome from individuals of any nationality.
- The successful project proposal has to be truly innovative, with demonstrable novel thinking; it must venture into new areas, test new concepts and methods, and hence contribute to the advancement of gemmological knowledge.
The scholarship is intended to provide funding and support to MSc/PhD students or post-doctoral researchers in the fields of earth sciences (mineralogy, geology, geochemistry), crystallography, chemistry, physics, material sciences, archaeology, biology, and related fields, to pursue a research project in the field of earth sciences or a related scientific field.
- The total value of the scholarship is up to USD 30,000.
- This amount is invested each year to support the awarded project.
- The recipient is the applicant who submits the project; this applicant must also be the main contributor to the project and the author of the final report.
- Part of the scholarship is paid to the successful recipient at the beginning of the project.
- After deduction of costs and expenses as described below, the balance is paid following submission of the final report.
How to Apply-
- Applicants for the Dr. Eduard Gübelin Research Scholarship are required to provide personal details as well as information about their academic achievements.
- All entered and uploaded data will be stored by Dr. Eduard Gübelin Association for Research & Identification of Precious Stones for the purpose of processing the application.
- The submitted data and information will not be passed on to third parties, except to Gübelin Gem Lab and to the members of the Scientific Committee.
- The Association, Gübelin Gem Lab and other entities of the Gübelin Group will use certain information on the successful recipient (such as name, previous achievements) and a brief description his/her proposed project for press releases and other PR purposes.
- This form may only be used to make an application for the Dr. Eduard Gübelin Research Scholarship.
- The Association reserves the right to delete application data without prior notification, if necessary.
Last Date for Apply– 30 June 2020
The deadline for submitting project proposals is 30 June. Applications for the scholarship of the subsequent year can be submitted from January 1st of the following year.