Research Scientist Jobs Bangalore – InStem, Bengaluru, India
Designation/Position- Research Scientist Jobs Bangalore
InStem – Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Bengaluru, India invites application for Research Scientist Jobs Bangalore from eligible and interested candidates
About- Research at inStem addresses complex problems in areas of cell-differentiation and tissue regeneration using human pluripotent cells, examines clinical manifestations of diseases that can potentially be treated by stem cells, models human diseases using stem cells, uses model organisms to address fundamental questions in regenerative biology, develops platforms to interrogate signaling pathways with new chemical entities, and finally, develops tools that will help to better understand the biology driving stem cells and eventually treat disease states. Research is carried out by groups who work on tightly-knit themes, crossing boundaries and developing new approaches to address questions larger than the expertise of the individual laboratory.
Research/Job Area- Cll culture, molecular and cell biology and related fields
Location- InStem – Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Bengaluru, India
- MSc in life Science with 3-5 year of Research experience in in BSL3 facility
- Ph. D. with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a high containment facility with pathogens (Biosafety Level 3 facility).
- Experience working with cell culture, molecular and cell biology.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and be able to work independently.
- In-depth knowledge and handling of arboviruses.
- Experience with mosquitoes and mosquito cell lines.
- Gene editing using CRISPR/Cas system.
- Experience training scientific researchers to work safely in high containment facility.
Job Title: (JRS-01) Junior Research Scientist position is available in Vector biology group at Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI) at inStem, Bangalore.
Salary: Competitive salary package based on qualification and experience
- Carry out a broad range of techniques such as cell culture, isolation of primary cells, molecular and cell biology, in vivo and ex vivo infection studies.
- Maintenance of insect and mammalian cells, culturing arboviruses, performing high throughput CRISPR screens, Isolation and characterization of arboviruses from mosquito.
- Perform large scale experiments, including in vivo infections in mosquitoes and cell lines and subsequent procedures such as harvesting infected tissues for downstream assays.
- Responsibilities will include maintenance of BSL3 laboratories with operations in compliance with policies and procedures. Provide training to new researchers and supervision to work safely in the BSL3 laboratory.
- Organize and maintain BSL3 inventories; routine stock keeping of inventory levels and estimate necessary consumable supplies to maintain smooth uninterrupted BSL3 operations.
- Organize and facilitate scheduled maintenance of BSL3 equipment and facilities.
- Coordinate with regulatory offices and create BSL3 SOPs.
How to Apply- For consideration of your application for the job opening provide the following documents-
(a) A one-page statement of purpose explaining the salient aspects of your background that are relevant to the position;
(b) your curriculum vitae with a list of peer-reviewed publications, and names and contact details for at least 3 references;
Send the materials, with a clear reference to the job number listed above, to the following email address: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 31 March 2020