Designation/Position- Research Scientist – Industrial Connectivity
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex), Bangalore, India offers Research Scientist – Industrial Connectivity position for candidates having PhD in Communication Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
About- ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees.
Location– ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex), Bangalore, India
Research/Job Area- Communication Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Creativity, enthusiasm and result orientation to drive your innovations.
• PhD in Communication Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or
• Masters (with a proven track record in Industrial Research for 3-5 years) in Communication Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
Job/Position Description- You as a Research Scientist will be a part of ABB India Corporate Research Center (INCRC), co-located with ABB’s largest global software development and engineering units. INCRC performs research and develops technologies and concepts for ABB’s global divisions and business units. We collaborate with various ABB corporate research centers, premier academic institutes in India and abroad. You will work in dynamic and creative teams with a wide range of experience and expertise.
ABB is seeking a research scientist to research, design and conduct technology demonstrations of Industrial Connectivity solutions related to Industrial Intelligent Systems in next generation and future ABB products, solutions and services. You will work as part of India leg of ABB Corporate Research (INCRC) which shares worldwide research and development responsibility for Industrial Systems related to Power and Automation domain.
The various subtopics in Connectivity for Industrial Intelligent Systems may include
- Network design and optimization solutions for wired (Ethernet) and wireless (sensor and mesh) industrial networks
•Autonomous and intelligent analytics for large scale networks and IoT devices
•Software Defined Networks
•Low-power, battery-saving green communication solutions
•Remote Condition Monitoring of Industrial Assets
•Industrial Protocol Stacks for wired and wireless networks
•Heterogeneous network coexistence involving modern and legacy (non IP-based) equipments
As a Research Scientist, you will be responsible for the following activities:
• Create, investigate and evaluate new approaches, features, designs and solutions for ABB Products and Businesses.
• Design, simulate, analyse and test prototypes for Industrial Connectivity with preference for wired and wireless networks for Industrial Intelligent Systems.
• Keep abreast with standardization and related trends in Industrial Communication technologies.
• Collaborate with Universities, Research Centers, ABB Business Units and external partners.
• Identify road-maps and critically review innovations in the area of Industrial Communication
• Develop and customize laboratory testing facilities and procedures.
• Independently write technical reports and scientific publications.