Designation/Position- Research Specialist
Dow Chemical International Pvt. Ltd., Juinagar, Navi Mumbai, India invites application for research specialist position for candidates having Ph.D. in Chemistry, Surface Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related field.
About- DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
The Dow Chemical Company – Home & Personal Care is looking for an Associate Research Scientist (m/f) to join our Home & Personal Care R&D (Research and Development) team located at the Dow India Technology Center in Juinagar,Thane.
Dow Home care is focused on developing products and technologies to enable the formulation of solutions for fabric care & hard surfaces,This includes formulation development for laundry powder ,laundry bars,fabric conditioners ,hard surface cleaners etc through our ACUSOL™, METHOCEL™, POLYOX™, ACULYN™, CELLOSIZE™ ,TERGITOL™ and DOWSIL™ brands .
Dow Chemical Company have established ourselves as a leading Home Care solutions provider & deliver value to our customers’ formulations.
Location- Dow Chemical International Pvt. Ltd., Juinagar, Navi Mumbai, India
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, Surface Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related field
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Surface Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related field is required.
- Successful track record of technical contributions to technology or product development efforts.
- Knowledge of polymer chemistry, physics, or processing techniques
- Experience working with water soluble and/or cellulosic polymers
- Familiarity with Home Care formulations
Job/Position Description- In this role the Research Scientist will support our existing business through the development of scientific understanding of Home Care formulations and differentiate Dow from other suppliers in the market by use of this knowledge to develop new products for the market.
- Contribute to product and application development projects within the home care market segment utilizing lab capabilities within the Dow India Technology Center located in Juinagar,Thane.
- Facilitate the overall innovation process through technical contributions to projects and identification of new areas for the business.
- Support plant optimization and qualification trials through the evaluation of products in model formulations
- Collaborate with global team members to provide in-depth technical support to facilitate product sales, address competitive actions, and improve lab capabilities. Working with a collaborative team and across functions including R&D, Technical service & development, sales, manufacturing, and marketing to drive business success
- Approach trouble-shooting and product development problems through the scientific method: literature/IP reviews, development of technical hypotheses, testing of hypotheses through experimental, computational, and theoretical techniques, and summarizing with clear conclusions and recommendations.
- Maintain awareness of product and technology activities in the pharmaceutical market, including technical knowledge of functional and direct competition.
- Identify and patent novel product and technologies related to the pharmaceutical formulations and excipients.
- Documenting research findings through internal documentation, invention concept disclosures, patent filings, and external presentations/publications.
Critical Success Factors:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate complex data and ideas to customers, leaders and non-technical functions to persuade and facilitate decision making
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to work on small/large teams
- Ability to utilize the R&D capabilities across all of Dow to advance projects within the business.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and deliver against deadlines
- Bias for action and results driven mentality.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.