Designation/Position- Post-doc positions
Henri Lebesgue Center, France invites application for Post-doc positions from eligible and interested candidates
About- Excellence laboratory of the program investissement d’avenir, the Henri Lebesgue Center is a center for mathematics based on 3 pilars:
- A very high level research recognized at the international level and covering a broad spectrum of today’s mathematics, from the most applied to the most abstract
- A training offer at the graduate level which is attractive, dynamic and diverse
- Deep interactions with the socio-economic fabric, in particular in the fields of health, information technology and material science. The Henri Lebesgue Center also maintains a close relationship with its socio-cultural environment through actions geared towards a great audience (5 minutes Lebesgue, fêtes de la science, conferences…)
Initially centered on Rennes and Nantes, it was joined in 2015 by the mathematics laboratories of Brest-Vannes and Angers.
Research/Job Area- Mathematics, or equivalent
Location- Henri Lebesgue Center, France
Eligibility/Qualification– Candidates must have completed a PhD in mathematics, or equivalent, at the date of taking office. The candidate must submit an original research project including a collaboration with one or more local researcher(s). Applicants must complete the online form where they have to join the following documents:
- CV describing the candidate’s profile and professional experience (list of publications, research topics, activities)
- Cover letter including the research project
- Provide the email address of at least two researchers who agree to send recommendation letter, including one from a local researcher.
Job/Position Description- Several post-doctoral positions in mathematics are offered in the Henri Lebesgue Center, in partnership with
- Région Bretagne and Région Pays de la Loire (DéfiMaths project)
- the ANR project MoHyCon
- the ANR project CCEM
- the ERC project Fanfare.
The hired applicant will conduct his/her research in of the laboratories of the Henri Lebesgue Center:
There is no teaching obligation. The net salary will be about 2 100 Euros per month.
- Post-docs cofunded by Région Bretagne and Région Pays de la Loire (DéfiMaths project): duration 2*12 months. The candidate must have spent at least 18 months abroad during the last 3 years. Contact for more information: doctorant[at]lebesgue.fr.
- Project MoHyCon. Contact: Marianne Bessemoulin before applying. Duration 1 year.
- Project CCEM. Contact Samuel Tapie or Gilles Carron before applying. Duration 1 year.
- the ERC project Fanfare. Contact Frédéric Bernicot before applying. Duration 1 or 2 years.
The application form is common to all post-doctoral positions.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidates can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– Research group should receive your application before 1 December 2018.
The positions are expected to begin on September 1st or October 1st, 2019.