Rising Star Fellowships 2020 for Early-Career Researchers in Germany
Designation/Position- Rising Star Fellowships
Freie Universität Berlin, Germany invites application for Rising Star Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- Freie Universität Berlin was founded in 1948 by professors and students, in response to the persecution faced by students who took a critical eye of the system at Universität Unter den Linden, at that time located in the Soviet sector of the divided city. The idea of founding a free university found widespread support in the international community, including financial support. This outpouring of aid helped pave the way for Freie Universität to become a university with an outstanding international reputation.
Research/Job Area- Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy
Location- Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
The Rising Star Fellowship Programme of the Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy seeks to attract outstanding early-career researchers who have completed their doctorates within the last four years – preferably from abroad.
The Rising Star fellows will take part in the research activities of their host-research groups, will be absorbed into existing research networks (CRCs, BBIB, PhD research groups, etc.) and will publish their results together with them.
Applications will be accepted from preferably international researchers who have completed their doctorate within the last four years.
- The fellowship is valued at 2,5oo € per month for two years. Additional benefits for the Rising Star fellows are:
- monthly mobility allowance of 100 € for conferences, research trips etc., no application necessary. (No other travel or conference support will be provided.)
- allowances for accompanying family members (monthly allowance of 276 € for spouses; 204 € for each child, provided there is no entitlement to child benefit)
- in the case of single-parents accompanied by children (400 € per month for the first child and 100 € per month for each additional child)
- a one-off subsidy of 800 € towards research costs
- where applicable: a contribution towards health insurance amounting to 70 € per month.
How to Apply-
The following documents must be submitted online:
- CV with list of publications
- Project outline with specific plans as to the cooperation with research groups at Freie Universität of 2 to max. 4 pages
- References from two research groups within the Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy
The Fellowship Programme is intended to forge new connections and to further interdisciplinary research.
- Research fellows may not have had any close relationship with Freie Universität. Former doctoral graduates and employees of Freie Universität cannot be considered.
- Successful applicants may apply for a grant for one of the groups. Applicants whose research projects span two research groups from two different institutes within the department BCP might have a higher chance of success in the case of equal qualification.
Applications must be submitted to the dean of the department BCP by May 31, 2020: [email protected]
Questions can be addressed to [email protected], Dr. Alette Winter
Last Date for Apply– 31 May 2020