RUSA Postdoctoral Fellowship (Rs. 75,000 / month) in Andhra University
Designation/Position- RUSA Postdoctoral Fellowship
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India invites application for RUSA Postdoctoral Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- “Andhra University-RUSA Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme” is being initiated to identify talented young researchers with innovative ideas in the field of Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Statistics, Meteorology and Oceanography, Biochemistry, Physics, Engineering (CSE, ECE & Instrument Tech.), Management and Pharmaceutical Sciences. University will provide them with training and research opportunities. This scheme stands as a platform for budding scientists towards an independent research career. RUSA Postdoctoral Fellowship
Research/Job Area- Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Statistics, Meteorology and Oceanography, Biochemistry, Physics, Engineering (CSE, ECE & Instrument Tech.), Management and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Location- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
- PhD degree holders of not more than ten years of award of PhD degree (Provisional degree certificate may be accepted),
- Upper age limit is 38 years at the time of submission of application, relaxable up to 2 years in case of SC/ST/Physically handicapped, women candidates and OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates.
- Applicants should have two research publications in high impact factor SCI journals or a patent from their doctoral work.
- The candidates should submit the plagiarism certificate using Turnitin software or the soft copy of the thesis of the candidate will be subjected for plagiarism check and will be considered only when it is below 20%.
- RUSA PDF can be availed by a candidate only once in their career.
- Employed candidates must duly submit ‘no objection certificate’ from the present employer at the time of attending the interview before the selection committee.
Reservation to the fellowship shall be as per Central Government reservation policy on all India basis i.e. 15% SC, 7.5% ST, 27% to OBC candidates (NCL only) and 4% for persons with disability.
In addition EWS not covered under any, shall get 10% reservation (To be confirmed as per norms).
The project proposal submitted by the candidate must be different from that of his/her Ph.D. topic.
Selections to the “Postdoctoral Research Fellowships” will be made based on the presentation of the proposed research project followed by interview of short listed candidates by RUSA PAB.
- PDF awarded to a researcher will be for two years and is renewable on yearly basis.
- Selected PDF should submit an affidavit to work in the University for a minimum period of 2 years.
- In case if any candidate wants to leave the fellowship for any reason, before two years period, he/she has to give 3 months prior notice to the concerned head of the department or must return 3 months fellowship amount to the University before being relieved.
- Renewal of the fellowship is strictly based on the research performance of the candidate and approved by RUSA PAB.
- Postdoctoral Fellows will be paid a consolidated fellowship of Indian Rs. 75,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance (HRA) as admissible.
- Lapsable contingency grant of Rs. 1.0 lakh per annum will be reimbursed on production of valid bills.
- 25% of the contingency grant can be used for domestic and international travel including per diem expenses.
- Amount is taxable according to the norms of Income Tax Department, Government of India.
Application fee: The candidate should pay Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- in respect of SC/ST candidates) as application fee (non- refundable) in the form of Demand Draft in favour of “The Registrar, Andhra University” payable at Visakhapatnam must be enclosed along with the application.
How to Apply- Eligible candidates can apply in the prescribed format, available on the website: www.andhrauniversity.edu.in, any time of the year.
However, the selections will be made twice a year, in the months of December and June.
However, this being first advertisement the applications received on or before 31.1.2020 will be considered for first phase.
Applications received one month before the scheduled interview date will be considered for short listing and calling for interview for that phase.
The filled in application in the prescribed format with relevant enclosures along with prescribed application fee in the form of Demand Draft must be sent by Speed Post super scribing envelope “Application for PDF under RUSA Phase 2.0” to the following address:
The Dean (Research & Development)
Visakhapatnam – 530 003
Last Date for Apply– 31 January 2020