Scholarships for International Students in The Slovak Republic, Slovakia
Designation/Position- Scholarships for International Students
Government of the Slovak Republic, Slovakia invites application for Scholarships for International Students from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Government of the Slovak Republic approved the establishment of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic for the support of mobility of students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists in 2005. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic. Scholarships for International Students
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic supports mobility of international students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists for scholarship stays at higher education institutions and research organisations in Slovakia.
Research/Job Area- All available research area
Postdoc Fellowship in Canada 2019 – IVADO Postdoctoral Scholarship
Eligible applicants for a scholarship in the framework of the NSP:
A) students who:
- are university students at universities outside Slovakia;
- are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study programme;
- will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility1 to study in Slovakia.
All 3 conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (PhD) studies (or their equivalent).
- Duration of a scholarship stay (students): 1 – 2 semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 months) or 1 – 3 trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 – 4 or 6 – 7 or 9 – 10 months).
B) PhD students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme2 (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 months.
C) international university teachers, researchers and artists who are invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which is not a business company3 and it has its headquarters in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (university teachers, researchers or artists): 1 – 10 months.
Amount of the monthly scholarship
|a) university student of the second level of higher education||400 €|
|b) PhD student||734 €|
|c) university teacher/researcher/artist:|
|without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and at the same time less than 4 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist||734 €|
|with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and at the same time less than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist||980 €|
|with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and at the same time more than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist||1 050 €|
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online. Applications can be filled in only in case that the online application system has already been opened.
Applicants must fill in their online applications and upload all the required attachments in required format to their online application.
Students (eligible applicants under the category A) are allowed to submit (fill in) applications and the required attachments in Slovak or English language only (documents written in other languages must be officially translated into Slovak or English language – translation can be certified by the same institution that issued the respective document).
Once the application is filled in and all the required documents are attached to the application, the applicant must submit the application by clicking the “SEND” button.
It is also necessary to deliver original of the admission/invitation letter to SAIA, n. o., in Bratislava (SAIA, n. o., Sasinkova 10, 812 20 Bratislava 1).
This document must be delivered5 at latest on the 3rd working day after the application deadline until 12 p.m. (when determining the working days, legal status in Slovakia is taken into consideration).
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 30 April 2020
- 30 April till 16:00 CET – scholarship stays during the next academic year
- 31 October till 16:00 CET – scholarship stays during the summer semester of the current academic year