Designation/Position- Faculty Positions
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur invites application for faculty position from eligible candidates in various departments.
About– Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, an Institute of National Importance engaged in teaching, research and development requires faculty for its various academic units. The Institute invites application from Indian nationals, possessing excellent academic background, commitment to top quality teaching and proven credentials for carrying out outstanding research and development for the various Departments / Schools/ Centres:
(i) Architecture, Town and Regional Planning
(ii) Civil Engineering
(iii) Computer Science and Technology
(iv) Electrical Engineering
(v) Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
(vi) Mechanical Engineering
(vii) Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
(viii) Mining Engineering
(ii) Earth Science
(i) Aerospace Engineering and Applied Mechanics
(ii) Information Technology
(iii) M.N. Dastur School of Materials Sciences and Engineering (MNDSMSE)
(iv) School of Community Science & Technology (SOCSAT)
(v) School of Mechatronics & Robotics (SOMR)
(vi) School of VLSI Technology
(vii) Centre of Healthcare Science & Technology (CHST)
(viii) Centre of Excellence in Green Energy & Sensor Systems (CEGESS)
Location- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
- All new entrants shall have Ph.D. in the relevant/ equivalent discipline, and shall have First Class in the preceding degrees. Candidates obtaining Ph.D directly after B.E./ B. Tech. are eligible to apply.
2. For faculty in the department of Architecture following will be essential qualification without insisting credit point requirements at Assistant Professor level:
• M.Arch./ M.Plan./ M.Des. with 01 year professional experience : Assistant Professor at AGP of Rs.6000/-
• M.Arch./ M.Plan./ M.Des. with 02 years of professional experience : Assistant Professor at AGP of
• For higher cadres the Essential Qualification and credit point requirement will remain same as given in the table for Engineering and Sciences.
3. Reservation rules of the Government of India will be strictly followed.
4. This being an advertisement governed by the flexible faculty recruitment rules, the number of positions for internal candidates are not restricted by the number of positions shown below. However, the total number of faculty positions will not exceed the sanctioned positions of the Institute.
5. Relevant notifications from MHRD issued till the last date of submission of application forms will be applicable. Relevant notifications published till the date of publication of the advertisement are to be found in the Annexure A and B.
6. Number of vacancies in all or any of the categories (including reserved vacancies) may be increased / decreased without any notification.
7. Based on the recommendation of the Selection Committee, the Institute may offer to a candidate a post/AGP less than that applied for.
8. The Institute reserves the right to modify / defer or cancel full / part of the advertisement/ recruitment at any stage of processing without assigning any reasons.
9. Specialization: A candidate with any specialization in a relevant discipline as mentioned earlier may apply.
However, the concerned Departments/Schools/Centres will shortlist the name(s) as per their requirement.
10. Internal faculty members with any specialization are eligible to apply.
11. Pension : Freshly recruited candidates shall be governed by the New Pension Scheme of the Govt. of India
12. Incentives at par with other CFTIs.
How to Apply- Candidates possessing requisite qualification and experience are required to apply in prescribed application form and Biodata Sheet (downloaded from the website www.iiests.ac.in ) and to submit to the Receiving Section of the Institute either in person or by post alongwith a DD of Rs.600/- (Rupees six hundred only) drawn in favour of “Registrar, IIESTS” on any Nationalized Bank
payable at Kolkata.
Candidates (including those applying from abroad) may also pay the Application fee through ‘Fund Transfer’ in the following bank account:
United Bank of India, IFSC Code : UTBIOBUSF63, A/c No. : 0171050031536
Such candidates must mention the NEFT/RTGS Code and date of transfer in the specified place in
the application form.
The application, completed in all respect along with eight (8) sets of photocopies of it and Biodata
sheet is to be sent to the “Registrar, IIEST, Shibpur, WB -711103, India” latest by 27th August, 2018
by 5 p.m. Only one set of self-attested copy of mark sheet(s), certificate(s) and testimonial(s) etc. is to be attached with the original. The candidate must write on the top of the envelope
- his/her name
- Post with AGP applied for
- Department/ School/ Centre where applied.
However, soft copy of he application alongwith Biodata sheet in pdf format may be sent in
advance to [email protected] by 27 August 2018.
For Contact- For any other detail information, one may contact the Assistant Registrar at the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 27 August 2018 by 5 p.m.