Scientific Assistant A Positions in Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India
Designation/Position- Scientific Assistant A Positions
Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India invites application for Scientific Assistant A Positions from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Statistical Institute, an Institute of National Importance under Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Government of India, invites applications from eligible Indian nationals for recruitment in the posts of Scientific
Assistant A, for its Headquarters in Kolkata, and outlying Centres, Branch and Units located in different parts of India, on Direct Recruitment Basis.
Research/Job Area- Agriculture, Library Science, Computer Science, Biological Sciences, Physics
Location- Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, WB, India
(i) Degree with high second class or B+ is defined as that with at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale (UGC).
(ii) A good technological degree means a 4-year bachelor degree in Engineering/Technology with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA.
(iii) A consistently good academic record implies having at least 55% marks in 10th and 12th classes, and in Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, if applicable.
(iv) Knowledge of computer operation and application software is necessary in all the aforesaid positions.
Age- Below 35 years as on 01.06.2020.
Age Relaxation- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST and 3 years for OBC(NCL) respectively with respect to posts reserved for them.
Relaxation of age for candidates belonging to PwD and serving Government employees (both external and internal) shall be as per Central Government directives.
Note– Knowledge of computer operation and application software is necessary in all the aforesaid positions.
A candidate can apply for only one specialization.
- Assistance in scientific/technical work, research projects, publication, etc.;
- performing and supervising fieldwork; collection, compilation, and analysis of data/samples;
- doing laboratory tests and analysis; geological drawings (maps, figures, etc.), 3-D drawings of fossil bones and mounting; drawings related to biology, plant-chemistry, etc.;
- computer operation, data processing, and programming; upkeeping and routine maintenance of equipment and instruments; carrying out technical work related to the Library and the Repro-Photography Unit, including computerization; translation, documentation, preparation of abstracts; proofreading and correction;
- providing relevant technical and other services (including information services) to the users and carrying out any technical/analytical/other work as may be assigned to her/him from time to time; carrying out all types of D.T.P. work in connection with Sankhya and other publications of P.P.U.
- S/he shall also be responsible for the supervision of her/his respective areas of work. Responsibility will vary depending on the Unit/Section/Centre/Branch etc., where s/he is posted, as per the above broad guidelines.
- Note: Selected candidates will be posted anywhere in India where Centres/Branches/Units/Offices of the Institute are situated.
Scale of Pay – ₹35,400 – ₹1,12,400/- in the Pay Level 6 (7th CPC) plus other admissible allowances as per Central Government norms.
How to Apply-
Interested candidates must apply online.
If you face any problem in the application process, please email the problem description along with applicable screenshot (if any) to