Designation/Position- Scientist C and Post Doctoral Fellow
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having excellent academic record and relevant work experience for the following positions purely on temporary and contractual basis under the funded projects:
About- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Project Title- “Centre of Excellence in Epigenetics – (Phase-II)”
Funding Agency- Department of Biotechnology (DBT), New Delhi
Location- IISER Pune
For Scientist ‘C’-
Ph.D in Life Sciences from a recognized university /institute with a consistent first class academic record (above 60%) and relevant research experience as evidenced from thesis work carried out in a scientific institution and/or publications. Minimum 3 years of Post-Doctoral experience using human / mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells and/or mouse/ rat brain as model systems.
Hands on experience with neurobiology / molecular cell biology and associated techniques. Experience with transgenic and The candidate should have pu blished at least three first author articles fields.
For Post Doctoral Fellow(RA-III)
Name of the project- DBT Programme Support for Fetal Programming Research
Ph.D in Life Sciences from a recognized university /institute with a consistent first class academic record (above 60%) and relevant research experience as evidenced from thesis work carried out in a reputed scientific institution and/or publications. Ph.D Degree should be awarded no earlier than July 2014. Candidate should have minimum 3 years of Post-Doctoral experience.
Hands on experience in using animal models, advanced molecular biology techniques including quantitative RT-PCR, ChIP and NGS library preparation. Practical experience in immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy will be a useful qualification. Candidate should have published at least two first author articles in peer-reviewed journals in relevant fields.
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- Relaxation in age, educational qualification and or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious applicants, with prior approval of the competent authority.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
How to Apply- Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement (convert into PDF Format) addressed to [email protected] on or before March 18, 2018.
Please mention name of the Post and Project Code in the subject line.