Scientist G Position in Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi, India
Designation/Position- Scientist G Position
Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi, India invites application for Scientist G Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India invites applications for the 03(three) posts of Scientists G in India Meteorological Department, New Delhi in the Pay Level 14 of Pay Matrix (Rs.144200-218200) and other allowances as admissible to central government employees at Delhi, to be appointed on direct recruitment basis.
- Satellite Meteorology/ Tele-Communication System.
- Climate Monitoring, Climate Prediction(Extended, seasonal and beyond), Climate Data, Products and services, and Climate Research, Climate Change, Climate Data Processing.
- Meteorological Observational systems including Surface, Upper Air, Radar etc
- A Master’s Degree in Physics/Mathematics/Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences with at least first class (60%) in the qualifying degree.
- A Bachelors Degree in Electronics/Communication/Telecommunication Engineering with at least first class (60%) in the qualifying degree.
- 21(Twenty one) years experience in teaching (at graduate or post graduate level), research and development, survey, administration, planning, supervision or training etc in the relevant fields.
- Doctorate in a branch of Science or equivalent as per the requirement;
- A Master’s Degree in a branch of Engineering/Technology or equivalent as per the requirement with at least first class (60%) in the qualifying degree;
- Doctorate degree shall count as three years experience;
Whoever does not have the workable knowledge of Hindi, lie/she shall be required to acquire the same during his/her probation period.
Age limit(as on normal closing date):Not exceeding 50 years (Relax able for Government Servants up to five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government)
Location- Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi, India
The scale of Pay: The post of Scientist G at IMD is in the Pay Level 14 (Rs.144200 — 218200), and other allowances as admissible to Central Government employees.
- holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or department or (ii) with 5 years service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in Level 13A(Rs.131100 — 216600) in the parent cadre or department and
- Possessing the educational qualifications and experience prescribed for direct recruits
How to Apply- Interested persons are requested to send their application in the pro-forma at Annexure-I.
The application complete in all respects should be addressed to the Deputy Secretary(Estt.), Ministry of Earth Sciences, PrithviBhavan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-1 10 003 within 6 weeks (42 days) [60days for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachala Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep) from the publication of the advertisement in the Employment News.
Last Date for Apply– 24 May 2020
Last Date For Remote Areas – 11 June 2020