Scientist III/ Assistant Professor Position in NBRC, Haryana, India
Designation/Position- Scientist III/ Assistant Professor Position
National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, Haryana, India invites application for Scientist III/ Assistant Professor Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) is an autonomous institute of Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. The Centre has ongoing research programs on basic brain functions and brain-related disorders. Recognized as an Institution of Excellence, NBRC is a specialized Deemed-to-be-University and offers Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Neuroscience.
Research/Job Area- Neuroscience or related fields.
Location- National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, Haryana, India
- NBRC invites applications for various faculty positions from qualified, dynamic and result oriented scientists to carry out research in advanced areas of neuroscience, and those who have a genuine interest in teaching.
- Candidates should have a proven record of scientific accomplishment in the form of recent peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals of international repute, and experience as per the requirements of the position.
- Current research at the Centre encompasses molecular, systems, cognitive, computational, and imaging aspects of basic and translational neurosciences.
- Candidates with research focus in these and other multidisciplinary areas that the Centre will like to develop such as – brain inspired artificial intelligence, malnutrition and the brain, brain-microbiome axis, biology of human mental illnesses, understanding sensory and cognitive process by live brain imaging, development of novel tools for neuroscience research, and neurotechnology are encouraged to apply.
- The Centre encourages collaborations and has close ties with many National Research Centres and Universities, and leading hospitals of the region. For more information about the Centre visit the centre website.
- The selected candidates will be provided shared laboratory space and adequate start-up funds.
- However, the faculty is expected to raise extramural grants to build and support their research programs.
- The faculty is also required to teach and participate in the management of the Centre with responsibilities assigned by the competent authority as per requirements.
- The initial appointment by Direct recruitment/ contract including short term (>2 years) shall be on probation for a period of 2 years from the date which he/she assumes charge of the post.
How to Apply-
- Interested candidates are requested to send the complete application as per the prescribed format along with their bio-data containing details of qualifications, positions held, professional experience/distinctions, copies of notable publications and personal details like date of birth, citizen ship status etc (preferably in a single PDF file), with names and e-mail addresses of at least five potential referees along with self-attested copies of certificate and application fee (as prescribed below) to [email protected].
- The application should also be accompanied by a three to four page note on the proposed research programme.
- If the candidate is unwilling or unable to send the application through email can send in the prescribed application format along with the documents to The Director, National Brain Research Centre, Nainwal Mode, Manesar 122052, Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Application Fee (non-refundable) Rs. 500/- for General, Rs. 300/- for SC/ST/OBC/Women Candidates, US$ 30 for Unreserved candidates from abroad with OCI status and US$20 for SC/ST/OBC/Women Candidates from abroad with OCI status has to be paid online and the receipt shall be attached with application.
- Names of atleast three references working in senior positions, who can certify the working/ conduct of the candidate.
- Advertisement No., Name of the post and Post Code applied for should be clearly mentioned on the Envelope and on the Application Form.
Last Date for Apply– 24 April 2020