Designation/Position- Postdoctoral scientist
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin, Germany invites application from Postdoctoral scientist position from eligible and interested candidates.
About- The Young Investigator Group ‘Operando Interfacial Photochemistry’ is hiring a postdoc for X-ray-spectroscopy measurements of the electronic structure at electrolyte-anode interfaces in photoelectrochemical cells (PECs).
A major challenge is the development of stable, cheap and abundant electrode materials for PECs to enhance the photoanode properties in terms of efficient water-splitting. These challenges can only be mastered, if the inter-atomic interactions at the solid-liquid interface are completely understood. For this, non-radiation relaxation processes as well as induced electron and charge transfer processes at the interface will be investigated by resonant photoelectron spectroscopy.
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, Engineering, Physics/Bio-physics or related subjects
Location- Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin, Germany
- Completed PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or a related field
- Experiences in (photoemission) spectroscopy, solid state physics and/or thin film synthesis are desired
- Experience in (photo)electrochemistry, ideally in PECs
- Experience in vacuum systems
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Enthusiasm, experimental skills and team-oriented work ethic
- Synthesis and physico-chemical characterization of model (photo-) electrocatalysts for photoelectrochemical cells (PECs), and performing (photo-)electrochemical and in-operando X-ray spectroscopic electronic-structure experiments of these PECs
- Writing beamtime proposals and performing photoelectron spectroscopic experiments using the ambient-pressure SOL³PES Station
- Active participation in beamtimes at the BESSY II synchrotron radiation facility, i.e. if necessary, technical, administrative and scientific support for external users, collaboration partners and inhouse group members during their beamtime at BESSY II
- Writing scientific publications and presenting the results at international conferences and workshops
- Co-supervision of Phd students
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply–30 September 2018.