Scientist Position in Vikram Sarabhai Science Centre, Ahmedabad, India
Designation/Position- Scientist Position in Vikram Sarabhai
Vikram A Sarabhai Community Science Centre, Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India invites application for Scientist Position in Vikram Sarabhai from eligible and interested candidates
About- Vikram A Sarabhai Community Science Centre (VASCSC) is a premier institution working in the field of innovative Science and Mathematics education. VASCSC strives to promote among students, teachers and community an understanding of the fundamental concepts involved in Science and Mathematics. Its mandate is to stimulate interest, encourage and expose the principles of science and scientific methods and also to improve and find innovative methods of science education. Scientist Position in Vikram Sarabhai
Research/Job Area- Science, Mathematics
Location- Vikram A Sarabhai Community Science Centre, Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India
Programme Officers – Scientist B (PO-SB)
Min. Qualification: First Class Masters’ Degree in Science/Mathematics or equivalent. Consolidated starting salary: Rs. 32000/- per month
Programme Officers – Scientist C (PO-SC)
Min. Qualification: First Class Masters’ Degree in Science/Mathematics or equivalent. Experience: Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience or Doctorate, preferably in science education/communication.
Consolidated starting salary: Rs. 42000/- per month.
Skills required: In-depth subject knowledge, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage and communicate with large groups of audience, ability to effectively handle students, lateral and out of the box thinking, passion for innovation in education, comfort with computer applications and internet.
Fluency in English is a must. Should have working knowledge of Gujarati and Hindi.
Working knowledge of other Indian language, other than these three an advantage. Experience in areas like astronomy, model rocketry, robotics, aeronautics, sky watching, science expeditions, etc. would be an added advantage.
VASCSC is looking for Programme Officers – Scientists at different levels, who are young, enthusiastic, having sound understanding of Science, Mathematics and a deep interest in innovative education. A highly persuasive, self-starter and a go-getter having the zeal to deliver the required deliverables in the predetermined time-frame are the qualities we are looking for in the incumbent.
The candidates must be able to execute the said role with very little supervision.
The person will be required to work in a team as well as independently handle responsibilities, which include the following:
- Conducting Science/Mathematics education and popularization activities
- Conducting experiments and hands-on activities in science and mathematics Labs
- Facilitating students for projects in Science and Mathematics
- Handling visits of the schools at VASCSC and guiding the students
- Conducting Teachers’ Training Programmes
- Developing innovative Teaching Learning Material (TLM), Publications, Kits, Exhibits
- Designing and developing innovative experiments, activities and modules o Conducting outreach activities and awareness programmes
- Facilitating mobile science exhibitions/labs
- Conducting outdoor Science activities, including educational tours, field trips, etc.
- Project development, writing proposals, fund raising
- Implementing, coordinating projects
- Prepare reports, status briefs, presentations and other communications
- Represent the organization in various meetings, workshops, seminars, networks
How to Apply- Interested candidates should apply in the prescribed standard application.
Send your applications by email to: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 6 September 2019